MG vs Forklift

Markt8

Thanks for that mate.

You still haven't said why they dont think it's their fault? :unsure: :nutter:

Let us know what the insurance company say. :cheers:

His only excuse that he could say it was my fault was because i was too close to the lorry but looking at it i didnt have much of a choice it covers a whole lane

Mark

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve, thats the only circumstance you can drive without tax / mot, so long as it was insured thats fine

I know its ok for police purposes etc ,but from an insurance point of view you know what these companys are like anything to wriggle out of paying , but best of luck mark keep us updated

Thanks for that mate.

You still haven't said why they dont think it's their fault? :unsure: :nutter:

Let us know what the insurance company say. :cheers:

His only excuse that he could say it was my fault was because i was too close to the lorry but looking at it i didnt have much of a choice it covers a whole lane

Mark

Surely if the fork lift was coming from the side into the road then the forklift is to blame?

I'm intrigued by this as I thought they needed a VRM to be on a public road? Me thinks I want to look up the law on this, as I had a similar thing happen to me about a month ago, as there is a builders yard near the breakers by me and one shot out the yard onto the road and I had to swerve!

Best of luck with it Mark :thumb:

get in contact with the company that the driver was working for because

you want to know if he has a fork lift license

the fork lift has a mot (they all have to be certified for working purposes)

find out why he wasnt wearing a high visabilty

find out why the forks where so far off the ground

why didnt he reverse the fork lift

and as for you having no mot, thats fine, you say your car was going for a re-test, at all DVLA official test centres for lorrys cars etc, they clearly state that if the car has no mot or tax you can only drive to the test centre, if it fails, u must only drive to your drive no further. You talk to your solicitor and hang the driver up by his balls because he hasnt got a leg to stand on, it doesnt matter how fast or slow you was going, having the forks so high up is such a health hazard, what would happen if a car come at him and had brake failure (possible fatality). Insurance companys are quick enough to take your money but so slow to pay out, its not your fault mate just you need to hang on in there and badger them, make sure you seek legal advice

or even remove the forks....?#

I had a guy fail to sotp on me and i called th old bill and they said did u get his reg ... "no" .. not much we can do im afraid...

Next time im going to pull over and phone police and ambulance... i aint paying these prcies for repairs again

Where I work (homebase) we have 2 forklifts that we use. Neither has tax/reg plates and we are not allowed to use either on the public highway as we would not be insured. We only use them on the premises where there are no members of the general public. As for no hi-vis vests/jackets or flashing beacon they really should be 10000% to blame.

Were there any trained banksman (sp) there to assist the lorry/forklift?

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh by the looks of where the folk lift is, it was turing onto the ramp which means he would have to have his forks bout 2ft in the air, he also prob did not see you coming as there is a reach fork lift also on the lorry. he prob look didnt see you coming fault it was clear started to turn onto the ramp and next thing there's a MG on the end of his forks!! Its just a accident!!

By the the look of the truck it looks like 3 ton-ish truck, there some mighty big forks for a that size truck! :D

P.s there is a geezer in a hi-vis t-shirt

Edited by TurboPez