The Mondeo takes another battering

meekstaaa

Well Some plonker of a lorry decided to reverse into my car while it was parked at work. He was a lovely chap who then decided to drive off. Luckily some nice witness left his details on my windscreen. Went to the police last night and phoned the insurance today, gonna leave it up to them, hopefully it gets sorted.

He scraped the door and took a nice chunk out of the rear arch:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/18231.jpg

Edited by meekstaaa

lucky for you there was some decent folk there to get his details.

did he submit his details to them or did he just drive off and the witnesses just got his Reg?

if he just drove off then he could be a bit of bother when they catch up with him. its basically leaving the scene of an accident.

were you on private property when this happened?

if so you might not be covered by your insurance, the same as if someone damages your car at feckin Tescos etc

did he submit his details to them or did he just drive off and the witnesses just got his Reg?

if he just drove off then he could be a bit of bother when they catch up with him. its basically leaving the scene of an accident.

if so you might not be covered by your insurance, the same as if someone damages your car at feckin Tescos etc

i thought the private car park stuff only means the owners of the land arent liable. thats like saying tesco hit your car? but he was hit by another driver who was hopefully insured and that insurance will pay out? anyway dont worry dave its only a mondeo.

Tesco's is a public place though...... :innocent: :unsure:

Hope he gets done for driving off!

that poor mondeo...

thanks for the support guys, after thinking about it saturday night i started to get more and more annoyed about it, now i'm not overly bothered as i'm sure it'll get sorted.

Matt86: Our CCTV doesn't cover where i parked, but i'll look into seeing if any of the other businesses around have some.

Rob: I don't actually have a thread on the Mondy, and if you notice, i don't really post my cars up on here, can never be bothered to take pics and stuff!

The lawyer lady from yesterday said she'll phone back today... but alas she didn't. I can' only assume that means they've got no more information at the moment. I also had to phone 3663 today (the company that the lorry belonged to) regarding something for work, i also decided to inform them that what's happened and i've phoned the police, blah blah blah. She said she would get the transport manager to phone me back. Guess what!....... They didn't!

They wanna play it the hard way! BRING IT

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/clubber.jpg

The gloves are off eh pal... Go for it, I think i'd be just as pissed off to be honest... Not so much that he scraped your car as accidents unfortunatly happen, but the fact that they drove off... What action did the police take, are they sending someone round to inspect the damage/ area?