corrupt external hard drive

duffa

i'm trying to sort a hard drive out for a friend .. was working fine on mates laptop running vista drive 'was' full of karaoke tracks and prgrams to run them he asked me to sort lists out , connected it to my pc running win xp and says drive is corrupt and unreadable ... any1 help me to recover or explain whats happened ...cheers

Similar to what welshy pets issue is, but this time its not self inflicted,

I offer the same service for data recover. If i cant do it, then all you pay is the return postage costs, If i can £2 per GB, Discount if i get all or a good 30GB+ chunk.

thanks but i was hoping for some free help ... busy trying stellar phoenix windows data recovery hopefully this will work

get yourself a copy or get data back. ive used it to recover lost data on a corrupt hard drive that hadnt been used for about 8years. the program will search for any data that isnt stored on the corrupt part of the disc and because its not trying to run apps or anything like that i dont think its matters wheather the corrupt part is the formatted area. thats a reason why some drives would never work again unless its reformatted.

ok .. managed to recover everything that was on the hard drive ... but now it wont format .. any ideas ?

You need to repartition it using the disk management tool in computer management.

for some reason when i plugged it into a different usb port... formatted no bother ?????

ok .. managed to recover everything that was on the hard drive ... but now it wont format .. any ideas ?

You need to repartition it using the disk management tool in computer management.

for some reason when i plugged it into a different usb port... formatted no bother ?????

That's usb for you - connections using different ports are not related to each other - you got a whole new instance of the device