Door Locks (were u put key in)

Curtis0784

yes u can. They work with the same key so all the locks would have to be the same.

Or better Idea, get your drivers door lock rebuilt, theres a kit you can buy from ford so you can rebuild your lock, if thats what u mean.

nige :)

very true, or fit an aftermarket alarm to add remote central locking so never have to go near the locks at all!

yes u can. They work with the same key so all the locks would have to be the same.

Or better Idea, get your drivers door lock rebuilt, theres a kit you can buy from ford so you can rebuild your lock, if thats what u mean.

nige :)

ya thats wot i mean just take the passanger side out take to bit ond bit it on drivers side

instead of taking it to bits jsut swap the lock over lol, youll never use the passenger lock unless ur dirver lock pete tongs.

Or

as lordjc says, get an aftermarket alarm with remote central locking :D, probs around £240 fitted with cobra system

to swop them over dont u still have to swop one bit over

dont know why everyone is saying to pay all this money out and get remote locking or buying kits from ford etc. My drivers door lock was knackered so it wouldn't activate the alarm and was causing problems. All i did was take the barrel out and took it to my local motor place who i generally buy parts off. They repaired the lock for 20 quid, surely that is better than paying out 200 + for remote kits??

Suppose it all depends on how much money you want to spend. I recieved a new key with the lock but my old 1 still opens it so im happy.

Mel

dont know why everyone is saying to pay all this money out and get remote locking or buying kits from ford etc. My drivers door lock was knackered so it wouldn't activate the alarm and was causing problems. All i did was take the barrel out and took it to my local motor place who i generally buy parts off. They repaired the lock for 20 quid, surely that is better than paying out 200 + for remote kits??

Suppose it all depends on how much money you want to spend. I recieved a new key with the lock but my old 1 still opens it so im happy.

Mel

If its £20 to repair a lock, why not spend £10-£20 more and have remote locking?? :S doesnt have to be a fancy alarm.

DO NOT SWAP THE LOCKS

Any ford key can lock your car, it is a random feature they fitted, if you swap them around you'll just end up with anyone being able to unlock your car

i doubt it mate, it wont reverse the locking mechanism :)

i was thinking that cos i lock it with passanger side at mo, so if i swop it 2 drivers side y wud it chabge anything bout the sucurity