Gauges

Frazer_d

I dont know wheather or not thsi is the right section but here we go...

A couple of months back I got 2 52mm gauges, a volt meter and a tachometer as my 1.6 16v didn't have one, as some of you might of seen my new car it is a Gti so it has a tachometer in the clocks so I need another gauge to fill the hole in the pillar pod. I want to keep them matching and the ones I have found on ebay from the same seller are either an oil pressure gauge or an oil temperature gauge. Which one is more useful/important? How hard are either of them to wire up?

Cheers

Fraz

Oil pressure as it will move about abit!!!

Haha, is it more important or are they much and such the same?

Fraz

Neither of them are too important, if they were your car would have already come with them! My ST170 has both.....it takes 5mins for the oil temp to get up to the right level but the oil pressure moves about as the revs get higher the pump spins faster thus more pressure through the oil system.

Oil pressure as it will move about abit!!!

Haha, is it more important or are they much and such the same?

Fraz

Neither of them are too important, if they were your car would have already come with them! My ST170 has both.....it takes 5mins for the oil temp to get up to the right level but the oil pressure moves about as the revs get higher the pump spins faster thus more pressure through the oil system.

Yea true.

The oil pressure sounds fun :) How easy/hard are they to wire them up?

Fraz

oil pressure and temp would be the ones to fit, however i would fit the oil temp sender in the sump. the reason for this is you get a true reading of the temp, if you fit it in the block it is reading the engine temp too. mine is fitted in the sump and takes ages to get up to temp.

oil pressure and temp would be the ones to fit, however i would fit the oil temp sender in the sump. the reason for this is you get a true reading of the temp, if you fit it in the block it is reading the engine temp too. mine is fitted in the sump and takes ages to get up to temp.

I am going to go for the oil pressure gauge as it sounds more fun and lively than the oil temp, my volt gauge sits still so I want something that moves and looks like it is important :thumb:

Fraz