Can I use 2 different profile tyres at the same time ?

LiamGTR

Basically all 4 of my tyres are currently 205/50/16 but front right needs changing soon and i'm after lower profile as /50 just looks too big to me so was after either 45 or 40, but can i buy only 1 /45 or /40 or would I have to change both the front at the same time then both the back ?

do'able aslong as there not extreme variants and advisable to have atleast the varied profile fitted in pairs.

eg: 195/50/r15 on the back end and 195/45/r15 on the front.

I wouldnt advise having two different profiles on opersite sides of the car for any purpose other than emergency spare wheel usage obviously

So basically if I want ot go down to /40 on the front right i'm going to have to do the front left at the same time? then the back 2 at the same time?

Cheers again Shaw, although with the eagles I have on the back looks like they are going to be /50's on the back for a while

do see it as doing it in pairs....front pair....back pair :thumb:

So basically if I want ot go down to /40 on the front right i'm going to have to do the front left at the same time? then the back 2 at the same time?

Cheers again Shaw, although with the eagles I have on the back looks like they are going to be /50's on the back for a while

Swap your wheels from front to back, visa versa, wear down your eagles quicker and do all 4 at the same time or bite the bullet and just change all 4 and try and flog the rears. Would look a tad daft with 40's and 50's if I am honest.

Fraz

lol i dont have the kind of money to see me replace 2 tyres at the same time nevermind 4!

I am in the same boat mate as dough is tight just now. I wouldn't run around with diffrent profiles, especially on the same axle, cops will probably be all over your car if they pull you and see it.

Fraz