anyone use windows powertoy (image resize)

onehotminute_191

i use the image resize powertoy for shrinking the size of images, really good for taking you big image files and getting them ready to upload on here (600kb limit i believe)

anyway, i used to take pictures on my nokia and use resize. now i have a samsung pixon and the resize tool says it cannot resize the image.

although, if i open the file, save it as a .bmp then close and re-open then save as again as a .jpg, the resize tool will work

why the fcuk is it trying to ruin my life?

also, what other ways are there of reducing the image size for uploading apart from going into paint and physically resizing the picture to take up less space??

Edited by onehotminute_191

steve, ask andy cos he downloaded a add on for windows to my pc to resize images, i use it for my digi cam pics and my samsung pixon ones :thumb: ill try and find out where to get it from!

x

edit: ok it was the powertoys resizer! all i do is click right click ont he image, or select all and click right select re-size pictures and choose the size and select to replace originals and it does it!

x

Edited by **caz**

what other ways are there of reducing the image size for uploading apart from going into paint and physically resizing the picture to take up less space??

Photoshop will open any document type you assign to it and the image resize is very simple to use, you only have to input 1 dimension and it automatically adjusts the other to match the ratio of the original pic.

what other ways are there of reducing the image size for uploading apart from going into paint and physically resizing the picture to take up less space??

Photoshop will open any document type you assign to it and the image resize is very simple to use, you only have to input 1 dimension and it automatically adjusts the other to match the ratio of the original pic.

dont have photoshop lol.

i can right click the picture, click resize but it creates a new file (that doesnt do anything) and then says cannot resize image.

ive also recieved a write protect message before. not sure whats thats about.

i think it may be something on the phone as it worked fine with the nokia.

are you resizing the original or creating a copy? :) - and where is the file on your camera/phone or on the pc? :cheers:

im copying the image from the phone to the computer

What wrong with setting up a photobucket account and resizing them on there?

Failing that, there are many websites that will resize you image online.

i havent set an account due to not knowing that you can do this and using the image resize tool, (when it works)

Edited by onehotminute_191