Memory stick, any difference?

cosmicnutter_1993

I want a cheap, bog standard memory stick. I need it to be reliable, and at least 1gb. But when buying one is there anything i need to worry about? I mean whats to stop me buying this one Memory stick 1 , for example over this one,Memort Stick 2?Thee price is quite different, between 2 memory sticks both of 2GB. So why? :roll: I think ill go ahead and buy the cheapo one, unless anyone is selling any on here :P

Sorry mods if this should be in the Technical Computing & Gaming section, or the Wanted section, but i deemed this section to seem most suitable.

And im trying to put in a picture although i dont think it is really required, but it comes up with dynamic pages not allowed in tags?

Thats what i thought. Ill only lose it anyway, but if it falls apart, then meh, for a couple of quid, it will store any stuff i need to take into college. When i say i need reliability , i mean i need it to not die. Ie, i have heard rumours of cheapo ones coming from china containing viruses? And just wiping data randomly? Is any of this true? Most stuff nowadays comes from china, ie my phone memory card, but ive heard horror stories of USB sticks killing your computer and corrupting data? :roll: Am i being a dick listening to them?

Not too likely mate. If it worries you, spend a few more quid and go to somewhere like play.com:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3335634/Play...ed/Product.html

That's double the storage for just over a fiver. Can't complain about that. I've had one of those too, and it did the job fine til it got thieved by some year 9 idiot end. (A good few years ago now - crikey....)

Edited by andaba

Argos got a good range of flash drives...least you know your safe

Easily available option that i would take for such a small memory drive.

And this is sooooo the wrong section pmsl.

Moved. :cheers:

My option would be this one clicky

I have the 16gig version & its encrypted with passwords too plus able to run portable U3 apps such as nero and other utils.

Edited by PeeWee

I have the 16gig version & its encrypted with passwords too plus able to run portable U3 apps such as nero and other utils.

i've got the 16gb one too and its great :cheers: this is also worth a look for £5.99 at pcworld - dead easy to use and wipes the contents if someone fails to guess your password after 6 attempts

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product/500/UV/373271.jpg

i've got the 16gb one too and its great :cheers: this is also worth a look for £5.99 at pcworld - dead easy to use and wipes the contents if someone fails to guess your password after 6 attempts

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product/500/UV/373271.jpg

I managed to get my sandisk ay 17 quid from Aria on offer, paid 1.99 for an Aria 2gig one at the same time as they were on offer, always worth a look there.

Aria is great for stuff like that. I sometimes stock up on batteries from there too - sometimes a penny each!!!

Back on topic - if you're usesless like me and you're gonna lose it, go for the cheap option like the Argos or Play one. All transfer data as quick as each other. If it's storing valuable data, and needs to stay safe, go for the encrypted one.

As for that deleting your data after 6 guesses - overkill much?!!