first car insurance

Im just about to start driving and was wondering how much new drivers are paying for their insurance. Also which company you are with and if you its your policy or if your a named driver?

Thanks for any help.

Best go through a mum or dad if possible. Which size of engine is in the car you have/want?

I'm 18

Drive a standard ( :rolleyes: ) 1.4

Garaged

Postcode isn't the worst on in the world, but also not the best

Weekend Car

3,500 miles a year

Windscreen cover

TPFT

Mine came to £1,700 :censored:

Just to add:

I am on my own insurance policy not on my mam/dads as I decided I may aswell take the plunge whilst I had the money, to get myself a NB which will come in handy next year :) That is why it is so expensive.

Im just about to start driving and was wondering how much new drivers are paying for their insurance. Also which company you are with and if you its your policy or if your a named driver?

Thanks for any help.

Best go through a mum or dad if possible. Which size of engine is in the car you have/want?

Best if you want to start building up your own no claims and your the main driver have it in your own name, won't be cheap!!

Whats the bet way to get it mega cheap?

In Matt (my brothers) case.

Say we buy the car, put the car in my dads name.

Insure the car with my dad being the policy holder.

Add Matt on as a named driver.

Put the annual milage low, max 5000.

TPF&T

I know that its cheeky, but can that be done?

Edited by danposs86

i was a named driver on a 1.6 at 17 tptf cost me £650 a year in DE12 postcode garaged

on my own policy at 19 no no claims on a 1.8 si tpft garaged it cost me around 980-1000 with chris knott :thumb:

discounts for being a named driver are getting less and less tho.

i can be insured as a named driver on a 1.8 focus estate all in fully comp under 300quid with 6 points and no no claims (registered that i have another car tho (which i obv do)