sound problems after installing windows7

Danny1107

does it use any programs for audio?

my computer used an application for controlling inputs and outputs for diff ports!

you can either reinstall application and/or drivers and if this still doesn't work then there should be a windows update for it shortly or one from the manufacture

Is the Soundcard Integrated or is it on a seperate Chip?

Is it compatible with Windows 7? did you check first?

What sound card is it, I will have a google around for some 7 Drivers.

its on the motherboard, will try downloading audio driver like sid said

hopefuly that will work

had a search on the acer website and the audio driver is for xp and vista but not windows7 :(

IIRC Windows 7 has been built on some of XP's sources? Try the XP driver see if thats any good, then try the Vista driver, try installing in compatability mode see if you get anywhere....

That is as much as I can say..

Stu & Sid know more than me. :)

going to try both drivers, hopefuly that will work

failed to install the drivers :nutter: will try find windows7 drivers for one of the sound cards i've got laying about

had this problem when i set up a friends new tower..sound was fine then went off , same thing ..crackling , after a search on google found a solution , you have to uninstall the drivers for sound then reinstall them

model of the computer is acer aspire m1610 lb7z motherboard model is f672cr

only just got back on, cocked it up when i was changing bios settings overclocking it, all's good now, overclocked to 2.4ghz, the most it will let me do with the bios settings I can change (standard was 1.8ghz)

going to try get the sound working properly now, it does work, just crackles and its really annoying tbh :(

if I cant get the onboard sound to work properly then I'll try a creative sound card I've got (model: SB0220) I did a quick search and people have got them working on windows7