jetwash

rs2k2008

To get snow foam, you need a foam lance. The soap dispensers that come with the jetwash machines are only dispensers, they suck up the liquid and fire it out. A foam lance introduces air through a kind of vortex, mixing it with the solution in the bottle, kind of whisking the solution (which would be a part water/part shampoo or snowfoam). The only way to really get a thick, clingy layer of foam is through a foam lance.

To get snow foam, you need a foam lance. The soap dispensers that come with the jetwash machines are only dispensers, they suck up the liquid and fire it out. A foam lance introduces air through a kind of vortex, mixing it with the solution in the bottle, kind of whisking the solution (which would be a part water/part shampoo or snowfoam). The only way to really get a thick, clingy layer of foam is through a foam lance.

ah didnt know that :)

just brought one of those foam things and suds, i take it you just pour the suds in the snow lance? or do you add water. Want a really snowy effect.

Get a bottle of snowfoam from somewhere like cleanyourcar.co.uk or one of the other detailing supplies resellers. I used cleanyourcar's own, but valetpro's is better. You mix up the snowfoam with some water to get a decent dilution ratio (I used a third foam, third water) and then you adjust the thickness of the foam with the foam lance (usually the knob on the top), makes the foam thicker or thinner which affects the length of time that it clings for and how much solution you use.

Dont be thinking that the snowfoam looks like suds you pour into the foam lance bottle, it looks just like water, it only foams when its used.

It makes it possible to do a touchless wash on a well prepped and maintained paintwork (if it is only very lightly soiled/dusty), and on well soiled cars it does help to drag some of the dirt off (which you can see, where the foam runs off it gets dirty and grey), but kind of inbetween a light dusting and heavy soiling, I dont find its that great. I only use foam on heavily soiled cars now.

If the car is uber filthy:

Snowfoam (start out with a third foam, 2 thirds water, with a splash of all purpose cleaner for extra cleaning power)

leave to dwell for 10 mins

rinse

Shampoo wash (use a good shampoo, megs gold class, Dodo Juice born to be mild/supernatural, Duragloss 901)

rinse

clay (Megs quick clay is a good kit)

shampoo wash again to remove all the claying residue

dry

polish (Autoglym Super Resin Polish would be good for hand application)

wax (Megs #16, Natty's, loads of choice here)

After claying, polishing and waxing, the paint should be well prepped and protected, so you would be able to get away with a light foaming and a quick shampoo wash from then on.