weird random knocking noise

marshy

a few weeks back my car (1.8si lowered 40mm on apex springs) started making this random knocking noise from the front end ?(

i took it to garage,me and mechanic deliberated it was lower arm (2nd one in approx 6 month) so he duly replaced it,

all was fine until it started again.. :glare: so again it went back to garage.. :rolleyes:

this time he looked over front end completely..he suspected some play in drivers hub and lower suspension arm again... :angry:

again these were replaced.. (last week) now the noise has gone but not completely..its still doing it,but not nearly as random or as severe.. when it was in garage my mechanic mentioned if it does it again.. hes thinking steering rack,subframes extended (hence two lower arms in the time)...

im just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas???

kev.. its had a rplacement mount already and others seemed fine when checked... its like a 'cracking' noise and sounds suspension/sterring related..

somebodys suggested ARBs and im gonna have a look in daylight..droplinks are fine afaik as i replaced them..

How loud is it? does it get faster the faster you go? I had a loud knocking noise from the front end of mine, replaced wheel bearings and tightened the wheel really tight and problem seemed to go away.... Doesnit sound like something is catching and banging on something?

i had this when i first brought mine ! sounds like its a creaking / cracking noise at slow speeds?

loosen the re tighten all subframe bolts. and esp the bar wich goes from the drivers side engine mount to the subframe.

also check antiroll bar bushes as mine stopped for a while but came back and i never had a prob since i changed the bushes and there cheap i have 2 you could have for 6 quid posted lol

i had this when i first brought mine ! sounds like its a creaking / cracking noise at slow speeds?

loosen the re tighten all subframe bolts. and esp the bar wich goes from the drivers side engine mount to the subframe.

also check antiroll bar bushes as mine stopped for a while but came back and i never had a prob since i changed the bushes and there cheap i have 2 you could have for 6 quid posted lol

thats more or less it!! from standing still,pulling away in 1st,it like cracks once then you dont hear it again until changing gear (1st-2nd) or hit certain bumps in the roads etc..

the bushes you have..polybushes or std OEM??