APB game to get

DRAVEN

this is a totally online game it looks insane...

http://www.apb.com/

What is APB (All Points Bulletin) and why should I be interested?

Imagine a living breathing city, but for the first time ever it’s online with streets full of vehicles and thousands of civilians going about their daily life.

Introduce 100 players to this online city. Their mission is to achieve fame and fortune, and achieve it fast. Many will take to a life of crime, feeding on the city, its people and its businesses. Other players, the enforcers, will feed on the criminal players. What will the outcome be?

The great thing is, we don’t know! It’s an online sandbox. Many players will gain fame, fortune or notoriety. Alliances will be formed, rivalries will be bitter. One thing we do know, every player will be unique. Thanks to leading edge technology, players can personalize their looks, clothing, vehicles and music.

Welcome to the next evolution of action games into the persistent online space. You’re going to love it.

duel core processer.. dumb ass

A dual-core processor contains two cores, and a quad-core processor contains four cores. A multi-core processor implements multiprocessing in a single physical package. Cores in a multi-core device may be coupled together tightly or loosely. For example, cores may or may not share caches, and they may implement message passing or shared memory inter-core communication methods. Common network topologies to interconnect cores include: bus, ring, 2-dimensional mesh, and crossbar. All cores are identical in homogeneous multi-core systems and they are not identical in heterogeneous multi-core systems. Just as with single-processor systems, cores in multi-core systems may implement architectures such as superscalar, VLIW, vector processing, SIMD, or multithreading.

the hole idea of multi core was to lower power usage and heat... you could have a single core cpu but the heat and power used would be sh@t..

so duel core was made so that you could have the equivalent size cpu using less power and producing les heat.. so yer I can say 6.2 if I like as it is the equivalent to a 6.2 cpu..

I doubt theres need for the exchanging of insults here so we might want to put a stop to it from here on.

Take a look at your computers properties & you will see clearly why its stated as I said.

Heres a shot from the laptop im using right now as an example.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/kwikfix/laptop3.jpg

So now thats all sorted we can return to the topic in question, thank you. :thumb:

Edited by PeeWee

tell you what take a jump: I'm a engineer and I'm qualified have been for 10 years and been building pc for the last 15..

and yes you only count 1 core but it runs the equivalent ie your 2.6 runs the equivalent of a 10.4 cpu..

peewee I've not see the minimum req for this game but would guess you would have problems running it..

what gpu is on your laptop..

As of Wednesday, 04 June 2008

This are the system requirements they released for now. !!They can change!!

Minimum

• Windows XP SP2* or Windows Vista

• 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor

• 512 Mbytes RAM (Arbeitsspeicher)

• NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

Recommended

• 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor

• 1 GBytes RAM

• NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

http://www.apbgame.com/apb_faq.php