Can you swap insurance companies mid policy?

LiamGTR

I've found that if I swap my car to a 1.8 Si my insurance goes down £200 instantly then another £500 in april when I get 1 NCB if I go with Bell Insurance AND it's SDPC and Business Use (Any named Driver) - that's what made it come down so much.

But i'm currently with Endsleigh Car Insurance... is there anything I can do?

Be gentle.... :cheers:

you can cancel anytime you want fella, iirc you give 30 days notice in writing and then your free - if you take out another policy with another company you'll have to pay the deposit and start the policy from new - so you'll have to wait another 12 months for your years NCB

i did this when i was with eCar insurance, was 6 months into the policy and found a cheaper quote, so i cancled the policy and started again. its just a pig when your further into the exsisting policy and are so close to your NCB

I'm only 1 more £37 payment away from a yeas NCB (March payment, then get my 1 NCB in April!) so it's not really worth cancelling I guess, but then I dunno if the car will be available in april.

Thanks for the info :thumb: and what do you mean Lordjc? They will rape me on insuranc or for cancelling ?

Not worth it then mate get that 1 year! see my Sig!

make sure then send you proof of NCB as they didn't for me, and other companies need it

I'm only 1 more £37 payment away from a yeas NCB (March payment, then get my 1 NCB in April!) so it's not really worth cancelling I guess, but then I dunno if the car will be available in april.

Thanks for the info :thumb: and what do you mean Lordjc? They will rape me on insuranc or for cancelling ?

make sure then send you proof of NCB as they didn't for me, and other companies need it

Learn a new thing everyday :thumb: I thought a NCB just went onto your driving licence on the DVLA or something and insurers access it via that ...

Will make sure to chase them up about it when the time comes, thanks for the head up :cheers:

Edited by LiamGTR

Learn a new thing everyday :thumb: I thought a NCB just went onto your driving licence on the DVLA or something and insurers access it via that ...

Will make sure to chase them up about it when the time comes, thanks for the head up :cheers:

Nice bit of info there John. Never knew you needed proof either of NCB

Most companies will have it on the renewal quote, and if you renew with the same company they wont need it.

I mentioned it here as the documentation that endesleigh give in general is shocking, but it nearly caused problems when they didn't send anything showing the NCB, so had to call them and get them to write to me to confirm it in writing.

That's one thing I like about chris Knotts they actually print the NCB on the renewal quote and send it out a month before renewal - how it should be done :-)

most insurance companies don't actually send out certificates of it without you asking as most companies will just check with the ncb issuer

as htere is no central database there are a few simple ways of faking NCB, I haven't and wouldn't but really there should a central database