My Bmw E30 318is Thread - Parcel Shelf

mykez69

fit these grilles then you bitch!

Aye, what's the point of bumping with no progress?

Amateur.

hehe I was just being immature and bumping it due to a comment on another thread

:D

Actually, checking back at the older pics, it had black grilles previously... so the pic wouldnt show a "different" look

Yeah it won't look any different apart from they would be gloss black instead and tidier.

My old ones are just all cracked and messy.

I have knocking issues under the car now, feels like it is near my feet so got to give it all a good check, still not had time to sort anything yet! I'm hoping it is just bushes.

Still need to change the exhaust, dammit, :(

Front control arm rear bushes.

Common as fcuk andand easy DIY if you can get someone to press the the bushes into the carriers.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you know everything! lol

I will go for the ebay option I think and get it done my self!

How come you have so much wisdom? lol

I've had a few E30's and a lot of E36's, and i worked as storeman and semi-skilled mechanic in an exclusively German brand garage for a couple of years :)

I'd do the same with regards to your arms. If you get them already in the carrier, then it's a 1 spanner job, I'd say.

Today, was the day, the E30 life ended

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1749/2501/4371250020_large.jpg

April fools :)

Edited by mykez69

Lol guys.

On a serious note, I have a tech 1 spoiler now, Kind of the same as the one i have now but a bit bigger. I want a Hartge one but can't find one.

A holeless parcel shelf is on its way :D Doesn't even have the original speak holes :D It isn't about having speakers no more. I don't even have a stero lol

Electric sunroof motor and loom was delivered this morning.

Wings, boot lid are completed of prepping, bonnet is half way there, had to prep these in my bedroom as it keeps raining outside lol

Well, it is looking a little ratty for a while, started sanding down and filling dents ready for the temp spray job.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg142/mykez69/Bmw%20E30%20318is/35821fb8.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg142/mykez69/Bmw%20E30%20318is/bd4cb436.jpg

Thats where i am up to so far.

I get smoked headlights tonight :D

There aren't much point to my small updates but i like to keep a diary of what im doing and when.

Edited by mykez69

Love these cars, the engineering was way ahead of anything else at the time.

I had two in the late 80´s a Red Y reg 316 (1800cc NA) that was one of the very first E30´s, I traded it for an F reg 320i in silver, I loved that car, I bought it as a present to myself when I got my first big promotion paid 11,000 for it when it was about 18 months old and had it for less than a year before it was written off when some to$$er sideswiped me on the A1 and I rolled it multiple times. I never even got a photo of it :-(