Urgent help ( safe mode )

duffa

after stupedly getting a trojan , and setting pc to start up in safe mode , i couldnt close pc down or start in safe mode , so deceided to do a fresh install of windows , put the disc in , but everytime it tries to set up a new version of xp comes up with 'windows xp setup cannot run under safemode, set up will restart now'...but obviously with me changing the pc to start up in safemode it wont let me put new install , i can get into the CMOS setup utility..but cant work out how to stop pc starting in safemode ... HELP !!!!!!

In the bios change the boot up sequence to boot from cd, pop your xp disc in & follow your on screen instructions, install xp fresh including formatting the hard drive.

Im assuming you have you stuff backed up as this will wipe the lot.

Choose the bottom option here. Fresh copy.

http://web.mit.edu/ist/products/winxp/advanced/repair03.gif

Ill add another screen that might help. Delete the partition, see bottom option.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/images/XP%20Home%20Setup%20Graphic/FF.gif

Edited by PeeWee

In the bios change the boot up sequence to boot from cd, pop your xp disc in & follow your on screen instructions, install xp fresh including formatting the hard drive.

Im assuming you have you stuff backed up as this will wipe the lot.

i tried to change the boot up from disc , but that didnt work , i've done something ..not sure what and it seems to be installing now , i got most of my stuff saved somewhere , but i'm raiding the wifes purse..told her ages ago i needed an external HD to back everything up , and i really must sort myself a recovery disc out !!