Is somebody with fully comp allowed to drive my car?

LiamGTR

Ok here is the situation:

My car is in for it's MOT repairs on Tuesday morning (as early as possible)

BUT I am out on the Monday night for my 19th so won't be getting in until about 6/7am so there is NO WAY I will be fit to drive my car 7+ miles to Sunderland at 10am

My mam's partner offered to take it for me as he is allowed to driver others cars TPFT and have his son follow him up to bring him home but...

Question is: Do I need to be IN the car with my mams partner incase he gets pulled by Police, or can I just give him permission to take my car to/from garage?

Because idealy i'd rather not get up at 10am unless I had to, after a night out :pancake:

Cheers, Liam. :cheers:

Edited by LiamGTR

no mate you dont have to be in the car ,as long as he his driving with your permission ,he his covered ,as long as also his insurance allows him to drive other cars ,usually fully comp insurance only allows you to drive other vehicles on third party only as stated on his policy , :thumb:

no mate you dont have to be in the car ,as long as he his driving with your permission ,he his covered ,as long as also his insurance allows him to drive other cars ,usually fully comp insurance only allows you to drive other vehicles on third party only as stated on his policy , :thumb:

Yea on his policy it does say he can drive other cars, but only TPFT cover which is fine by me, was just wondering if I had to actually be in.

Thanks Kev :thumb:

why not just text me?

So long as you have insurance on the car & his covers him TPFT (otherwise you could insure a fiat blob and run around in a r34 TPFT for £300 a year) on OTHER cars thats fine - the only problem is the MOT lol but you have an appointment with the garage so you should be ok.