monkey island games

Dean-o

Anyone remember the old Monkey Island games on the pc? They were click and point puzzle type games.

The main character was a pirate called Guybrush Threepwood.

Just had a look on ebay and amazon and they still go for quite a high price even for a mid/late 90's pc game.

There were 4 games (i think):

The secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2, Le Chucks revenge

The curse of Monkey Island

Escape from Monkey Island

Anyone still got these, or know where you can get a decent and reasonably priced version of these as i fancy playing them again?

:cheers:

I played them all, most of them are around the net now and run on various emulators, not sure if this is copyright infringement now on such old games.

There have recently been some new ones released on the Wii via the Wii Ware download shop, only cost about a fiver each if I recall. I got the first one but have not played it yet.

Rigpig.

I used to play the original on the Amiga, along with other adventures like Simon the Sorcerer and Beneath a Steel Sky..

Same here, I used to love the whole Amiga scene tbh, great days & community that never really returned in the same way with any other platform imo.

Happy days.

Moved to a more suitable location.

i've got it upstairs, i'll go ook soon

sorry i was confused, the tales of moneky island were the 5th one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Island_%28series%29

i think the third was probably my favorite due to the better graphics with tradionally hilarious storylines and the faberge egg and other priceless artifacts in the snake :roll:

Edited by ScORTED