Decat !!!!!!!

cornishpasty02

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a couple of ways to do this.

A cheap way of making a de-cat pipe is to take your cat and knock out the middle. Job done..one decat pipe. The only prob with that is you will need to put your cat back on for the MOT so it can pass the emissions test. If you can borrow a cat before the MOT then fine or go to someone you know who does MOTs then youll be fine.

Magnex and Mongoose do de-cat pipes though im not too sure whether they only will fit there exhaust systems. Powerflow also do them and you can get them to fit it or do it yourself. Usually 4 bolts, take out the bolts, replace the gasket, seals and then bolt the decat back on.

Hope this helps

"A cheap way of making a de-cat pipe is to take your cat and knock out the middle. Job done..one decat pipe"

Dont forget! To buy a new cat is about 300 quid ish so im told (not sure if thats 100% right) so becafule wen u need a mot.

Also doing this wont get as much power than getting a normall decat pipe. And if ur not going to get as much power whats the point in doing it that way?

Your not going to get much power from a de-cat pipe anyway. If you dont want to spend the £40-£50 on a de-cat then just modify your old one.

I did point out that there are problems with this and you will need a cat for an MOT, but if you can borrow one for the MOT then you will be fine. Speak to someone whos got a de-cat pipe and borrow there Cat.

As well the police are cracking down on mods. So many people got stopped in Southend, A127 and there cars were searched over. If its got a de-cat pipe on then they will do you for this where as if youve got a midified cat on then they are none the wiser.

Your not going to get much power from a de-cat pipe anyway. If you dont want to spend the £40-£50 on a de-cat then just modify your old one.

I did point out that there are problems with this and you will need a cat for an MOT, but if you can borrow one for the MOT then you will be fine. Speak to someone whos got a de-cat pipe and borrow there Cat.

As well the police are cracking down on mods. So many people got stopped in Southend, A127 and there cars were searched over. If its got a de-cat pipe on then they will do you for this where as if youve got a midified cat on then they are none the wiser.

Yeah i know u wont get much but owts better than nowt!

but whats the point of decatting if ur not going 4 a power incresses.

Yeah but it means u asking some one every time u need a mot for a cat which will be alot of hassel as u must know if u got it done?

A copper only has to knock the empty cat and will relise its hollow, plus hows a copper going to look under ur car when on the motorway? only way is to test the emiioins on a machine then he will find out anyway

I was just sugguesting ideas as I know people who have had this done. You have an MOT once a year and you have to take off the de-cat for it anyway so saying to someone... Can i borrow your catalyst..is not really a hassle in my eyes.

Last week and the week before the police were stopping people and checking cars. I know several people with de-cats got done because of this. If a copper looks under the car and sees a cat he id less likely to do an emissions test than if he sees a pipe in the cats place.

I AM PERSONALLY GETTING A MONGOOSE EXHAUST WITH DE-CAT

As Pete says its only restrictive over 140bhp and I have over this and is why im changing the cat

I was just sugguesting ideas as I know people who have had this done. You have an MOT once a year and you have to take off the de-cat for it anyway so saying to someone... Can i borrow your catalyst..is not really a hassle in my eyes.

Last week and the week before the police were stopping people and checking cars. I know several people with de-cats got done because of this. If a copper looks under the car and sees a cat he id less likely to do an emissions test than if he sees a pipe in the cats place.

I AM PERSONALLY GETTING A MONGOOSE EXHAUST WITH DE-CAT

As Pete says its only restrictive over 140bhp and I have over this and is why im changing the cat

If copper can look under ur car mate ur cars not lowered enogfh ;) hehe :D

"As Pete says its only restrictive over 140bhp and I have over this and is why im changing the cat"

why u getting a decat then?????

"As Pete says its only restrictive over 140bhp and I have over this and is why im changing the cat"

why u getting a decat then?????

Because he HAS over 140 brake :rolleyes: Some people........

dohhhhh lol :D

but thats like saying a air filter doenst have effect untill after 140bhp.

Has any one got a decated scort whos noticed or tested a incress after decatting???