Decat !!!!!!!

cornishpasty02

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

air filters and de cats CAN make a difference but on a normal unmodified non forced inudtion engine (like mine) they dont do sod all but make it noisy...

i bought an induction kit and my car had flat spots with it and it seemed to have lost its bite, so i put the standard airbox back in 2 days later and have read that lots of honda owners have done the same

ive now drilled the airbox's base and that has made it a bit noisy and i reckon a bit faster

turbo cars its different filter and decat will make more power but at the cost of responsiveness...

This is a quality post.. Im liking this argumentitive conversation. Well im my opinion the answer to the thread is the best bet is to get an Exhaust like a magnex, mongoose or powerflow that has its own de-cat and either fit it yourself with new gaskets, seals etc or get powerflow to fit it.

Dont expect huge gains in power from a de-cat pipe.

Ive just found this on the RS2000-16v.com which im a part of and had to show you that people do modify there cat and this couldnt of been posted to prove my point

"finaly did it by taking the exhaust section off and cutting the top out od the cat box and just removing the (extreamly clogged) cat filter , al welded backup and put it back on a nd definetly a difference it sounds a bit strange to be honest the exhaust now sounds a bit 'tinny' but it goes like a rocket now it was fast be4 but now - WOW it pulls better in all the gears especially in the higher gears "

This is a quality post.. Im liking this argumentitive conversation.  Well im my opinion the answer to the thread is the best bet is to get an Exhaust like a magnex, mongoose or powerflow that has its own de-cat and either fit it yourself with new gaskets, seals etc or get powerflow to fit it.

Dont expect huge gains in power from a de-cat pipe.

oh no it isnt lol ;) :D

Edited by muzzy

So after all that,

Is it actually worth doing?

My car is so slow, it only had 90bhp ive put a k&n on, and exhaust, thought taking the cat off might make a bit of difference?

Im at a loss of what else to do with out totally ruining the car, because its needs to be quite efficiant cos I have to make 600 mile trips to cornwall every two weeks. I didn't really want to have to get it chipped, because that really kills the fuel I have been told.

Just wanted to make it a bit quicker without anything major?

How on earth did you get 140bhp out of it? :jaw:

So after all that,

Is it actually worth doing?

My car is so slow, it only had 90bhp ive put a k&n on, and exhaust, thought taking the cat off might make a bit of difference?

Im at a loss of what else to do with out totally ruining the car, because its needs to be quite efficiant cos I have to make 600 mile trips to cornwall every two weeks. I didn't really want to have to get it chipped, because that really kills the fuel I have been told.

Just wanted to make it a bit quicker without anything major?

How on earth did you get 140bhp out of it? :jaw:

:D i got 140bhp out though a decat pipe :roll:

Go for it, owts better than nowt. only 40 quid. Im getting mine decated when i get some monie together, Shouldnt add alot of bhp though :(. dont forget to keep ur old cat if u have it done.