ambulance, police etc.....

danny1987

ok was at the red lights before which had 3 lanes, 2 lanes had a few cars waiting and the third closest lane only had one car on the line, the ambulance shot up behind the lane with only one car and was clearly like 'move' flashing lights etc as you would expect him to. He didnt! he sat there and waited for the lights to go green before letting the ambulance past, do you think this is right??? anyway the point of this topic is!... what if there are red light cameras (clearly as to why the bloke didnt move for him at these lights) do you get excused because of the ambulance, can it be proved that you was moving for one, say the camera doesnt catch the ambulance on it???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a fine and points mate, thats what i've heard, i'd just move as far over as i could :)

do you mean for blocking an ambulance in? or for pasing the red light as you move out the way of the emergency services?

it's true, you must get out of the way of emergency services providing it doesnt cause a danger to other road users and entering a box junction or crossing a red light constitutes this

this guy was at a box junction, he would of cut up other road users up and he would of crossed a red light. IF he had moved for the ambulance, it was at trafford park one of the busyest places in manchester.

so your saying, he gets points if he does go through and also points if he doesnt?

You can get a fine and points mate, thats what i've heard, i'd just move as far over as i could :)

do you mean for blocking an ambulance in? or for pasing the red light as you move out the way of the emergency services?

it's true, you must get out of the way of emergency services providing it doesnt cause a danger to other road users and entering a box junction or crossing a red light constitutes this

this guy was at a box junction, he would of cut up other road users up and he would of crossed a red light. IF he had moved for the ambulance, it was at trafford park one of the busyest places in manchester.

so your saying, he gets points if he does go through and also points if he doesnt?

I mean if you went through the red light mate

Your not legaly obliged to move aside if it isnt safe to do so (or at all if I remember correctly), crossing the line would still get you a letter from the authorities and a fine/points.

Moraly most would cross the line & contest the points/fine (I myself would cross the line and contest the fine/points as an ambulance lit up in my books assumes a life threatning emergency).

All down to morals.

i think this has been discussed before here not only that are the drivers nottrained to find there way around other road users ?

Yes its been discussed before but this is obviously a current observation that the op has had a recent witness too.

Yes the drivers are trained to take the safest manouvre around & through traffic but this isnt always possible just as explained here.