someone wanna explain to me.....

shawdreamer

Near enough every time Ive tried to load this site in its failed or my IE has lost connection eventually, then when it rarely loads in it requests my password which typically it is set not to require them.

Ive tried dozens of other sites over the last 30 minutes to confirm it.

My grooveshark works fine, aswell as Youtube, Facebook, Funkypool, Google, Ebay and Sky.

Its only this feckin site that seems to take an age attempting to load in then 9 out of 10 times comes back with a connection failure that's freezing my feckin IE8 and forcing me to close it and start it again which is getting beyond a fuckin joke now.

My speeds fine (8Mb+)

All sites work fine and respond well

My wireless is strong

Are this sites servers on a go slow or something?

Edited by stoo2000

We've moved this topic into the correct section.

It looks like there was a routing issue in the N-west affecting some ISPs. It's been affecting me too, mostly seems to have been routings to particular US based datacenters.

seems awful site specific tho, Ive seriously checked every site in my faves list and all respond rapidly (which is normal) but this site in particular is slow loading, responds irregularly or not at all and I get the "failed connection" message which then prompts the immediate failure of any other sites I may have open regardless of how they were functioning moments earlier.

We've moved this topic into the correct section.

It looks like there was a routing issue in the N-west affecting some ISPs. It's been affecting me too, mostly seems to have been routings to particular US based datacenters.

seems awful site specific tho, Ive seriously checked every site in my faves list and all respond rapidly (which is normal) but this site in particular is slow loading, responds irregularly or not at all and I get the "failed connection" message which then prompts the immediate failure of any other sites I may have open regardless of how they were functioning moments earlier.

The Internet is a very complex network, those other sites you visit may not be in the same physical location as our servers, or may have other backbone providers that are used to supply bandwidth.

One of many bugs in IE.

Oh, and it isn't secure.

Different browser?

Seemed to have been a routing issue, not Browser...

have you reset IE?

Other than that it could be a dodgy DNS (try pinging it) if it dosnt work ping its IP

could maybe also MTU setting.... firewall ect

firewall shouldnt be a sudden issue unless a update was to cause a random security issue, but.....wasnt updated since 3 days ago.

Mtu setting is 1200+.......... 360 wouldnt connect to xbox live via my router otherwise (1200 being the minimum requirement from the router)

If iirc the last time I pinged the IP all was in the peachy zone.

Its probably as Stoo indicated, especially as the issue seemingly vanished at the same time for all effected.