touch up pens

ganges

ok so driving down the road on saturday morning minding my own business, when a wagon coming the other way decides to drop his half shaft, :censored: as a result I have some stone chips on the bonnett and side of the car, they appear to only be surface chips, not deep, or that many, luckily, so the question is (after a long winded explanation), are these paint pens any good, i am no good at proper paint work, and dont want the expense of having it done properly, just after some comments from anybody that has used them, thanks in advance :thumb: Edited by ganges

This should help

clicky

thanks for the link interesting read, but have i got the time or the patients, the answer is sorry NO

I used to think that before i sprayed my car, throughly enjoyed it though.

i hear what you are saying, but as said, i have no spraying skills what so ever LOL, and neither do i have the facilities

This should help

clicky

thanks for the link interesting read, but have i got the time or the patients, the answer is sorry NO

i hear what you are saying, but as said, i have no spraying skills what so ever LOL, and neither do i have the facilities

Neither do I lol! That's fair enough then

This should help

clicky

You have facilities and time to do/develop this sort of thing, he obviously doesn't. Its not something you just do in the street, listen to what the guys trying to tell you. :nutter:

This should help

clicky

You have facilities and time to do/develop this sort of thing, he obviously doesn't. Its not something you just do in the street, listen to what the guys trying to tell you. :nutter:

You clearly did not read my previous post where i said "Thats fair enough then" to him saying that he doesn't have the facilities :nutter:

Also, as for me having the facilities and time, no, i do not. I've been painting outside, i have to squeeze work on my car around restoring a Mk1 Cortina, building a Mini engine and fitting it, re-doing everything i had to do in the first fecking place because the cnut owner changed it all so that now, nothing fits straight in, getting the truck through an MOT, various other customer work and college. Don't just presume i have the time to do things, i work fecking hard to get any time on my car.

Calm down dear pmsl.

I didn't say you had all the time in the world.

I'm basing what I was saying on myself I suppose.

My Job means I don't get home till after 7pm so have very little time to work on cars like I used to.

You said that I've got the time so if you're basing it on you why are you saying I've got the time?

No, I won't calm down, in sick of people thinking I have everything handed to me on a plate. I've worked hard to earn the right to use the facilites and tolls when they're available.

why are peeps arguing over touch up pens lmao

I could not agree more ROFL, i only wanted some info from anybody that had use them, but i seem to have started world war three, oohh well wont be the first or the last time i am sure, now come on children calm down, its only a pen LMAO

Calm down dear pmsl.

I didn't say you had all the time in the world.

I'm basing what I was saying on myself I suppose.

My Job means I don't get home till after 7pm so have very little time to work on cars like I used to.

You said that I've got the time so if you're basing it on you why are you saying I've got the time?

No, I won't calm down, in sick of people thinking I have everything handed to me on a plate. I've worked hard to earn the right to use the facilites and tolls when they're available.

It wasnt a request!

If you want to have a girly spat do it elsewhere.

If you have a particular gripe with me then feel free to contact me direct.

My point was that he asked for a simple solution he could DIY himself, wet sanding and spraying is not.

Maybe due to the amount of work you already have done on your own car whether it be mechanics or spraying/prep work & also Jordans engine if I recall, not disregarding time spent here it's quite plausible to assume you had more time than myself is it not?

I never for one moment hinted that you had "everything on a plate" Im not really sure where that came from?

Maybe someone else has got your goat today so I would prefer you aim these outbursts at them not at me.

Edited by PeeWee

• 2 weeks later...

I do stone chip and scratch repairs at work. you need a very small brush, not the one that comes with the "pen" and a warm dry atmosphere. Tbh you also need to wet sand and machine polish to get a half decent finish.

Depending how bad your chips are its worth just touching them in to protect the metal even if the finish doesn't look great it'll look better than not doing it.