Cylinder heads..

tezmanian devil

Morning all,

I'm after abit of help with my cylinder heads, I removed one from my 2ltr silvertop but one valve is damaged and there's no caps that hold the cams down, but I got given another with the engine and was told it was also a 2ltr jobby which hasn't got any damage and the cam caps are still there so I'm just wondering if anyone can help me establish if the spare head is infact a 2ltr so I can use it...

Iv measured the bore/bowl bit and came up with this...

Original heal...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/tezmanian_devil/cbaeddf0.jpg

Spare head...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/tezmanian_devil/64d174d8.jpg

The numbers one original are...958M-6090-CA (that just the exhaust ports) and right over to the right hand side

Nearest the thermastat housing it has... 21K4TEA and that's all I can see on it.

The spare head has... (above the exhaust ports) XS7G-6090-AB and over near the thermastat housing it has 45K4TEA and again that's all it has stamped on it.

Can anyone tell me if the spare head is a 2ltr atall?

I seem to remember seeing a while ago that 1.8 heads can be used on a 2ltr aswel, is this correct?

Any help with this would be awesome!!!

Going by the combustion chambers, they're both 2L.

Yes 1.8 heads can be used on 2L, they have a shallower combustion chamber which will increase compression ratio, so if in doubt, measure it.

Also if you've got Jordan on facebook, when I did his head I tagged him in the photos, combustion chamber pictures are there. (that's a 1.8 head)

Cheers dude, soo chuffed now, means I havnt got To try an clean up the manky original one and get new valves :)

But no, havnt got Jordan on fb, don't really have anyone on there because I don't tend to bother with it all...

I shall post a picture here later

Can you find out if that old boy down your yard wants to sell that mk1 estate for us please, if he'd take a sensible ammount instead of the £1500 he told me befour il take it off him :)

Cheers dude, soo chuffed now, means I havnt got To try an clean up the manky original one and get new valves :)

But no, havnt got Jordan on fb, don't really have anyone on there because I don't tend to bother with it all...

Can you find out if that old boy down your yard wants to sell that mk1 estate for us please, if he'd take a sensible ammount instead of the £1500 he told me befour il take it off him :)

I will when he's in. But he will probably say"im gonna do it" and never will. But I will ask.

I will when he's in. But he will probably say"im gonna do it" and never will. But I will ask.

did someone say mk1, can i ask mk1 what

did someone say mk1, can i ask mk1 what

Scort.

This is a 1.8 chamber

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/180754_1727562160228_1573656893_31576623_49384_n.jpg