spit help

scottyd

hi guy need a little help form you guyd. the under side of my rs2k needs a little work and dont really want to be cutting out and welding it lying on the ground under it, so what thinking about buying my self a spit.

the only prob a hve is dont need to take my engine out or that so was wondering if it would be safe and and posable to put car on a spit with the engine ect still in the car?

cheeRs

dicko

Build your own spit mate, if you want I can post up some pics if the one we built.

Umm, I wouldn't leave it in, it would be really difficult to turn it over etc. Some people push the car over on its side with a matress underneath and another up against the wall.

Omg, surely not!

Build your own spit mate, if you want I can post up some pics if the one we built.

Umm, I wouldn't leave it in, it would be really difficult to turn it over etc. Some people push the car over on its side with a matress underneath and another up against the wall.

Omg, surely not!

If the engines not in it, why not.....I should add, this is usually done when the car is being restored and the paintwork on it etc doesn't matter.

Omg, surely not!

If the engines not in it, why not.....I should add, this is usually done when the car is being restored and the paintwork on it etc doesn't matter.

first house we lived in after we moved here to Runcorn was on a street with a proper humped camber and the bloke across the way changed his SS system by tipping his car against the kerb and using a pair of haulage straps hooked to a road grid to stop it going right over, was the funniest thing to see but it worked pretty dam well.

Omg, surely not!

first house we lived in after we moved here to Runcorn was on a street with a proper humped camber and the bloke across the way changed his SS system by tipping his car against the kerb and using a pair of haulage straps hooked to a road grid to stop it going right over, was the funniest thing to see but it worked pretty dam well.

Lol! Top effort!

hi guy need a little help form you guyd. the under side of my rs2k needs a little work and dont really want to be cutting out and welding it lying on the ground under it, so what thinking about buying my self a spit.

the only prob a hve is dont need to take my engine out or that so was wondering if it would be safe and and posable to put car on a spit with the engine ect still in the car?

cheeRs

dicko

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/28953.jpghttp://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/28954.jpg

i made this to turn over a standard vanguard but you could make something the only goes 45 degrees its basically two L shaped pieces of 40 x 40 box braced together the wheels were added later to enable it to be moved .if you want to leave engine in remember that it will be heavier at the front end. tipping it 45 degrees will be a great help and will give you much better acsess