Electric Window Stuck Down

sevenhills

Heeyy

Yesterday i decided to put down my drivers side window as it was a nice day for a change, anyway when i came to put it back up there was no luck the passenger side window still worked but there is nothing happing with the drivers side :(

i fiddled around with the switch etc took it all apart changed the two window switches and the boot release but still no luck. I also took my door panel off to try and push the window back up but then i realised its obviously still stuck in the motor.

is there anything i can do to get the window up until i fix it?

does anyone know what the problem might be?

cheers

could be any number of unseen causes but generally Ive found when you get your specific issue its invariably mechanical related and not electrical as when the the electrics go they usually go completely whether its the motor or switch, fords door looms in general are very simple things so there's very little to go tits up on them.

chances are you have as I mentioned a mech issue with the motor, that could range from a burnt out winder motor to a interior tangled cable (seen that twice and both times it ultimately snapped the cable trying to mend it), without being able to get hands on Id have to lean in the direction of motor and runner replacement (not as hard as it first seems, just requires some rivet drilling replacing)

For the time being you can detach the glass mount from the winder runner and lift the glass back up into place where it can be wedged/propped in place till you can get round to sorting the issue (glass is attached to the runner by two gold coloured torque screws that can be accessed through the door panels metal skin via either of four holes depending on whether the windows fully down or up)