Bike phase didn't last long...

smithyandco

• 3 weeks later...
taxi meter wiring? :D

http://www.lolbrary.com/content/729/oh-you-15729.jpg

Has some issues with a stutter @1500-2000RPM when cold and left for a few days... Emptied the fuel filter of water, took sparks out and cleaned them, sprayed the contacts on the HT leads with WD-40 and put a shot of Redex Injector Cleaner in the tank for good measure.

Been perfect since...

Fuel economy has improved after a couple of motorway runs :)

Does around 35-40MPG on motorways and around 25mpg adv town driving... Not exactly "eco" but fine for the miles I do!

Only things left to do:

1. Tracking - Only slightly out but still needs doing.

2. Fit discreet uprated speakers to replace the paper things already in and fit under-seat sub (if needed after speakers).

3. Fix rear seat - Broke the knob you pull to put the seat down :rolleyes:

4. Fit new steering wheel - Old one leaves bits on hands while driving, not easy to find and not a priority.

5. Drive it more... been sat on drive most of the time since I got it!

that box looks like the aftermarket immobilizers I come across from time to time.

Thing is, even if the alarm it was originally partnered with is gone your still better off leaving it alone as even though its no longer adding any increased security effect it can and usually still is doing its original job (immobilizing circuits are locked open as there no signal from alarm telling it to cut them anymore) so you'll often find that randomly yanking it out cuts your power at the starter, ignition and fuel pump and leaves with a heap of faffing about you neither needed or had to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
that box looks like the aftermarket immobilizers I come across from time to time.

Thing is, even if the alarm it was originally partnered with is gone your still better off leaving it alone as even though its no longer adding any increased security effect it can and usually still is doing its original job (immobilizing circuits are locked open as there no signal from alarm telling it to cut them anymore) so you'll often find that randomly yanking it out cuts your power at the starter, ignition and fuel pump and leaves with a heap of faffing about you neither needed or had to deal with.

I won't be touching it! - It ain't broke... yet :pancake:

The alarm looks like the ones fitted by Toyota but those were Toyota branded Scorpion alarms... mines not Toyota branded.

Central locking was factory fitted hence why I was confused... but Immobilizer makes sense!

1. Tracking - Only slightly out but still needs doing.

2. Fit discreet uprated speakers to replace the paper things already in and fit under-seat sub (if needed after speakers).

3. Fix rear seat - Broke the knob you pull to put the seat down rolleyes.gif

4. Fit new steering wheel - Old one leaves bits on hands while driving, not easy to find and not a priority.

5. Drive it more... been sat on drive most of the time since I got it!

Fitted these "bad boys" this weekend:

http://automotormusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/image.png

Ripspeed RS 102 10CM (Direct replacement for dash speakers) 40W Coax speakers... The name sounds delightfully chavvy I know.

They actually sound really good for the size and the sound quality matched the expensive pairs out there.

Total price: £7.99 from Hellfrauds!

Still going to need a little enhancement in the way of a sub... So I'm working on that.

Not found an amped under seat sub for a sensible price yet (You can get 4 12" 10,000,000W PMPO super subs with amps and enclosure that also suck you off the for same price) so I'm considering building my own!

• 3 months later...

This didn't last long either...

It's now for sale!

Moving soon to an hour away from work... with the job market being Shiite I'm going to need a little eco car and now that I'm over 25 the insurance costs have come down by nearly 50% (Although this is still much cheaper to insure)!

For sale thread soon!

But to update:

1. Had tracking checked at garage, they said it's so slightly out that it's within a normal range expected and that fixing it while it's not broken won't help. - That's me told!

2. Speakers will stay in. - You can have the originals as well if you wish...

3. Can't fix the knob without taking the seat to bits, really not needed to use it anyway.

4. Steering wheel problem seems to be because of lack of use in Summer... after 1800 miles it's now polished up nicely!

5. Still barely drive it, but within a month or two the mileage will shoot up if I don't change it!

Next cars:

(insurance friendly, fuel sippers)

1. Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPi (cheapest non-classic to insure for me so far!)

2. Vauxhall Corsa C 1.0 (If I have to...)

3. Vauxhall Corsa C 1.7D (The 65bhp one, not the 108bhp CDTI :( )

4. Whatever else I can find...

arosa or 106 diesel ?

Cheers Robbie! - All suggestions are helpful :)

Used to have a 106 1.5D... Although it was amazing on fuel (had just over 100mpg on a a long motorway run), I didn't fit in it properly ;(

I've looked into the Seat "Arouser" and they come back as a very cheap alternative to a Lupo which is a Lupo with a Seat badge, insurance is very cheap also (£150 cheaper than the exact spec Lupo... go figure). I looked at a a few, just forgot all about them.

Modern Seat/Skoda certainly seem like the Audi/VW for those with a measurable IQ :P

arosa or 106 diesel ?

Cheers Robbie! - All suggestions are helpful :)

Used to have a 106 1.5D... Although it was amazing on fuel (had just over 100mpg on a a long motorway run), I didn't fit in it properly ;(

I've looked into the Seat "Arouser" and they come back as a very cheap alternative to a Lupo which is a Lupo with a Seat badge, insurance is very cheap also (£150 cheaper than the exact spec Lupo... go figure). I looked at a a few, just forgot all about them.

Modern Seat/Skoda certainly seem like the Audi/VW for those with a measurable IQ :P

i use to have a arosa diesel and it was great to drive granted mine had coilovers was like a little go kart 1.7 sdi engine it was non turbo but still went well might be worth looking at a metro diesel same engine as pug 106 diesel