MK6 Sills

Jontrev

i had mine done cost me £300 but that was with repairs to the inner sills to floors too

unlike Bronzes case, exterior sills will usually put you back £100 a side (including a cheap patent part) which aint all the bad considering the size of area commonly effected.

alternatively if you have even a rudimentary knowledge of MIG welding, attempting exterior sill panel replacement on a Mk6 yourself isn't exactly out the question as it'll save you a couple of bob and as welding jobs go its a pretty easy straight forward deal with little to go wrong and minimum difficulty levels as welding go's.

however, if like Bronze you need internal work doing also Id suggest leaving it to a pro as once you start feckin about with inner and outer at the same time you invariably get the annoying panel gaps and misaligned fitment that comes along with patent parts. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply's. I am having new sills on both sides + a broken rear coil spring fitted (I am supplying the spring) for the price of £220 :unsure:

If anyone nr South Manchester needs this sort of work done this is him:

Dave Bower

Vehicle Repair & Restoration

The Old Garage

Wilmslow Road

Butley

nr Macclesfield

01625 820223

Now the alloys will have to wait :vangry:

Thanks for the reply's. I am having new sills on both sides + a broken rear coil spring fitted (I am supplying the spring) for the price of £220 :unsure:

If anyone nr South Manchester needs this sort of work done this is him:

Dane Bower

Vehicle Repair & Restoration

The Old Garage

Wilmslow Road

Butley

nr Macclesfield

01625 820223

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/29750.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...