not ford, Corsa Question

roboboyo

Hey guys

my bro has a 1200cc 03 corsa, He put engine oil flush into his car and was gonna change the oil, but diddnt get around to it, as he had to go somewhere in a hurry, he has done 100 miles and now has to do 200+ more, will this dammage his engine in any way??

cheers

am i right in thinking thes engines have a pretty weak bottom end or is it the 1.0? so wouldnt risk it .but some evan say to drive car for a few miles .was it a tin can that you poured into the engine that smelt a bit like white spirit/turps or a proper can (4liters)of flushing oil but in the end its up to you :thumb:

flush is generally designed to break down the viscosity of the oil which obviously makes it a great deal more fluid than it originally was.

depending on how thick the oil was before the flush was added, how much was added, what sort of loads he wants to place on the engine (eg heavy motorway/ high rev loads or urban slow speeds etc) and the general temperature the engine runs at he should be ok to nurse it for a few miles with the flush circulating.

I seriously wouldn't push his luck though as with the oil thinned, moving parts wont be as well protected and ultimately break down and wear at increasing speed.

Hey guys

my bro has a 1200cc 03 corsa, He put engine oil flush into his car and was gonna change the oil, but diddnt get around to it, as he had to go somewhere in a hurry, he has done 100 miles and now has to do 200+ more, will this dammage his engine in any way??

cheers

am i right in thinking thes engines have a pretty weak bottom end or is it the 1.0? so wouldnt risk it .but some evan say to drive car for a few miles .was it a tin can that you poured into the engine that smelt a bit like white spirit/turps or a proper can (4liters)of flushing oil but in the end its up to you :thumb:

Yes they do have weak bottom ends, everything is pissy.

Also renowned for timing chain failure.