Sky TV

duffa

I know I'm gonna get ..." its not worth the money " ...I know that as I cancelled over a year ago ..but found a cracking deal for old customers ..£24.12 a month for the full package inc films/sports and HD ..just need to ring them and say you had a mailshot 08442 411 194

I know I'm gonna get ..." its not worth the money " ...I know that as I cancelled over a year ago ..but found a cracking deal for old customers ..£24.12 a month for the full package inc films/sports and HD ..just need to ring them and say you had a mailshot 08442 411 194

just make sure you get it when its at least marginally worth it.

Sky have a shite awful trend of putting on cackload of decent programmes and new shows in one big chunk at one specific time in the year then when they end there's feckall for months and you either endure the tedious repeats of Nazi stuff on History channel or cancel only to see all those previous decent shows start up in a new season.

If your considering the Broadband & phone package that's usually tied into these "bargain deals" do some research first to find out if your area is covered by their high speed network or your paying for unlimited 20Mb speed and getting fuckall but 5.5Mb and a annoyingly temperamental connection.

edit:

forgot to mention..... their current supplied N routers top out at 70Mb and refuse to go higher regardless of what speed your connected device can do......oh and you cant use your own Router instead as Sky WILL NEVER GIVE YOU THE CODE YOU NEED.

If you can get them to chuck in one of their new HUB's that can do 200Mb with a nice strong signal range and stability itd be a bonus but you have to ask and press them for it.

If you can get them to chuck in one of their new HUB's that can do 200Mb with a nice strong signal range and stability itd be a bonus but you have to ask and press them for it.

What is the point in having that though?

In fact what is the problem with the 70mb one?

(assuming you actually know what your talking about lol)?

just make sure you get it when its at least marginally worth it.

Sky have a shite awful trend of putting on cackload of decent programmes and new shows in one big chunk at one specific time in the year then when they end there's feckall for months and you either endure the tedious repeats of Nazi stuff on History channel or cancel only to see all those previous decent shows start up in a new season.

If your considering the Broadband & phone package that's usually tied into these "bargain deals" do some research first to find out if your area is covered by their high speed network or your paying for unlimited 20Mb speed and getting fuckall but 5.5Mb and a annoyingly temperamental connection.

edit:

forgot to mention..... their current supplied N routers top out at 70Mb and refuse to go higher regardless of what speed your connected device can do......oh and you cant use your own Router instead as Sky WILL NEVER GIVE YOU THE CODE YOU NEED.

70MB in what context?

more of a gaming point of view thing I suppose, Ive never got a decent wireless connection from any of the houses xboxs over the standard sky router (and thats not a range issue either, one of them is sat right next to the router) but my younger sisters new sky hub thingie gives a connection that seems to match even my ethermet cable connection at home.

Just incase anyone rings up and asks, you might not be able to get the deal unless you have been selected to receive the mailshot, so prepare yourself for a little dissapointment (just in case)

more of a gaming point of view thing I suppose, Ive never got a decent wireless connection from any of the houses xboxs over the standard sky router (and thats not a range issue either, one of them is sat right next to the router) but my younger sisters new sky hub thingie gives a connection that seems to match even my ethermet cable connection at home.

So you are talking about signal not speed?

Wondering where you get your 70mb and 200mb figures, this does not relate to wireless signal?

And you realise your speed is only relevant to the broadband speed?

So you could have a 100000000 mb speed router but if your only getting a 10mbs broadband it won't make a jot of difference?

So you are talking about signal not speed?

Wondering where you get your 70mb and 200mb figures, this does not relate to wireless signal?

And you realise your speed is only relevant to the broadband speed?

So you could have a 100000000 mb speed router but if your only getting a 10mbs broadband it won't make a jot of difference?

aye I get that, I meant to indicate that the better its wireless speed the more stable and strong the signal seems to be.

as such the 200mb Sky hub seems to have a crackin signal strength while my standard wireless N Sky router can have the most disappointing signal no matter its location or distance from the connected device.

for example I can stand next to mine with my tablet and get 3-4 bars of signal when at my sisters I can be across the street were I park my motor when visiting and get just a good a signal...... we live in the same area with similarly built houses so I don't think that's to great a factor to the signal

People who use wireless for Xbox Live are worse than Hitler.

aye couldnt agree more, nothin worse than some idjut hopping around the map and causing massive lag issues during a mw match grrrr

Just incase anyone rings up and asks, you might not be able to get the deal unless you have been selected to receive the mailshot, so prepare yourself for a little dissapointment (just in case)

looks like its all went through , got an email confirming DD ..just waiting on new viewing card

looks like its all went through , got an email confirming DD ..just waiting on new viewing card

If you got the mailshot then it would have been fine, for anyone that didn't get the mailshot that tries to use it may end up dissapointed (unless they have a contingency plan for chancers)