to whoever done 1.6 to 2.0 zetec conversion

roboboyo

Just a quick question,

once you got your 2ltr set up with the right running gear, did you find it pretty quick?

because i m a bit confused, i have my 2ltr running on 16's managment, apart from tb, and it can easily reach a ton, and there seems to be more in her, plus she pulls nice and quick!!!!!!

How better can it get!

sorry to bombard you with this, but hearing that it would not run right on 1.6 ecu has puzzled me, she idles smooth, and seems to have plenty of power, albeit first gear could be beter, but once into 2nd, she pulls nice

Just a quick question,

once you got your 2ltr set up with the right running gear, did you find it pretty quick?

because i m a bit confused, i have my 2ltr running on 16's managment, apart from tb, and it can easily reach a ton, and there seems to be more in her, plus she pulls nice and quick!!!!!!

How better can it get!

sorry to bombard you with this, but hearing that it would not run right on 1.6 ecu has puzzled me, she idles smooth, and seems to have plenty of power, albeit first gear could be beter, but once into 2nd, she pulls nice

mine went alright on 1.6 but definatly pulled stronger on the 2.0 ecu right ignition map and fueling wouldn't keep the 1.6 change it as soon as you can find one (wink wink)

Just a quick question,

How better can it get!

mine went alright on 1.6 but definatly pulled stronger on the 2.0 ecu right ignition map and fueling wouldn't keep the 1.6 change it as soon as you can find one (wink wink)

Thanks alot for reply mate, will take ur advise, will take me a couple more months, and then ill get it sorted!!!!

p.s, you fancy doing it for me for a few pound?????

Although the zetec is a more modern engine I still prefered the RS2000 I4. I just remember when I did the conversion from 1.6cvh to I4 RS2000 and the first time I went for a drive in it was like WTF. It pulled like a fcuking train. I remember I had even wheelspin changing to second gear at times.

Am I right ib saying that a 2.0 will run on a 1.6 ecu? Temporarily. Wat abit the pats, or is that just when u fit the 2.0 ecu that it becomes a problem? I'm new to this info on the engine swap lol

you fit a external pats ecu from a early mondeo but need to do a little rewiring (easy enough with the guide) :thumb:

Obviously 2.0 ecu's are getting harder to find by the day but would a 1.8 ecu run better or even a 130 spec ecu untill a 2.0 was sourced up?

Obviously 2.0 ecu's are getting harder to find by the day but would a 1.8 ecu run better or even a 130 spec ecu untill a 2.0 was sourced up?

theyre not hard to find at all, search ebay for the 4 ecu codes and I guarantee youll find a couple a week, and they never go for much,

rob Im in west oxfordshire, Carterton to be precise, PM me if you'd like me to arrange a time with you, itll be a couple of hours max

theyre not hard to find at all, search ebay for the 4 ecu codes and I guarantee youll find a couple a week, and they never go for much,

rob Im in west oxfordshire, Carterton to be precise, PM me if you'd like me to arrange a time with you, itll be a couple of hours max

sold my last one for £60 still got another 2.0 and a 1.8 external patsd :thumb:

Edited by etrebus