Help with loacking slipping locking nut

mikes-fat-arsed-estate

The only trick I know that I've personally true and tested it smashing a socket set slightly smaller size then turn it , but this nut has a circle lip with 4 pin holes it's the holes that have failed and made the key slip,

Any suggestions ? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

yes..... it shows.

If the smaller socket trick isnt working then pick up a set of Erwin grip sockets, havnt came across a mangled or rounded bolt/nut that these ickle feckers cant deal with yet.

yes..... it shows.

If the smaller socket trick isnt working then pick up a set of Erwin grip sockets, havnt came across a mangled or rounded bolt/nut that these ickle feckers cant deal with yet.

Not sure why you've quoted that but thanks for the reply its gone from bad to worse I got a 12mm long socket over the circle bit after quarter turn SNAP!!! I'm now left with this

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/allanmichealsmith/96DDC803-0CEE-4A09-9D06-606CCE7CC2D0-4661-000005A843404251_zpsfc6909a8.jpg

rather than mangling it anymore, a quick trip to your local garage might be the more wise choice, generally they usually have a multipurpose socket in their boxes that is a little better suited to removing locking nuts with no "key" socket available.

failing that as that head resembles the ford standard ones they might be able to assist (even more so if you have atleast the locking sets code to hand)

thanks for the replys i showed my mate who own his own garage his response was peice of pi*s so il leave him with it haha & if its that easy ill be expecting it done for naff all ( wishful thinking ) Edited by mikes-fat-arsed-estate