A decent Discussion Forum for ST170 Owners

roboboyo

Depends what you want to know, there are plenty of owners on here, and i know a think or two about them

cheers jc,

was wondering what bluefin would be like,? hered mixed opinions, dream science appears to be discontinued for the st170, what is the best oil to use, what is the best plugs to use, is there an after market tb for them?? these sort of questions i have in my head right now

Depends what you want to know, there are plenty of owners on here, and i know a think or two about them

cheers jc,

was wondering what bluefin would be like,? hered mixed opinions, dream science appears to be discontinued for the st170, what is the best oil to use, what is the best plugs to use, is there an after market tb for them?? these sort of questions i have in my head right now

Dream science better - you can pick one up second hand, or ask an owner if they would remap takes about 20mins

Dreams science also allows for remapping to 97 octane and race mode - but makes it very thirsty!

best oil - depends what for? day to day use castrol 5w30

best plugs - denso irridium (sp?) last longer, or genuine ford

aftermarket tb - pointless

cheers jc,

Dream science better - you can pick one up second hand, or ask an owner if they would remap takes about 20mins

Dreams science also allows for remapping to 97 octane and race mode - but makes it very thirsty!

CHEERS JC

Would a live remap be better?

In all fairness and not being nasty here but we have a section dedicated to all these questions here.

This often covers various makes of Ford (sometimes non Ford) so feel free to use it as such.

I also removed all the pics you put in here (same ones you have in SUYM) again because we have sections made for purpose.

Edited by PeeWee

cheers jc,

Live remaps are normally around £500 with a power runs etc its not really worth it even if you find someone that can do it on the standard ecu and to be fair unless your gonna remove all the rubbish ford put on that engine you will never get any power out off it really there just not designed for it.

CHEERS JC

Would a live remap be better?

I don't know anyone who can live map the ST170 ECU, apart from Ford!

I'm not saying it can't be done.

I bet they cant even do it more than likely used someone else to develop the maps then just locked the ecu's. I cant see ford using a mappable ecm on a 170 it wouldn't be worth it as it wasn't used in motorsport etc