Back in a Ford - Mk2 Fiesta

mykez69

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! 8o Are you gonna replace all the seals with new or clean up old? I found meths cleans rubbers up a treat.

I'm just going to clean up the old ones. There not perished. Just need a good clean and some nurishment lol

Thanks for the tip

yay old cars lol

Lol I'm going to regret all this lol

• 5 weeks later...

Not a great deal to update on.

Finally changed the sump, pretty easy job, nothing went wrong. With thanks to my mate who helped me out.

Had to drop manifold, which came off easier than expected.

The bolt that holds the alternator on chews into the sump though, too long, for some reason he used a nut and bolt rather than just using the correct bolt for the thread on the alternator, so a correct bolt will sort that out.

Getting rid of the BMWnow as well, swapping it for a 5 series touring. Keeping the wheels though haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
check my mk2 thread, got my ally cats brand new at the autojumble. £120 brand new for all 4

Original rallye alley cats?

That's a bargain!!!!!

I'm going for a look see now lol

yeah genuines, they were boxed n everything

• 5 weeks later...

1477537_684220311611402_1461522440_n.jpg

not much to update on, still removing grime! About finished on the grime removal, usual door shuts etc was degreased and cleaned etc

the replacement sump, is leaking to hell, so ordered a second hand genuine one and new gasket (again) to give it another go.

got a ashley full exhaust on its way, started polishing the lips on the alley cats.

nearly bought some twin webber 40's, but sold before I could even pm the seller lol

New fuel filters with new pipe clamps are awaiting fitment. New spark plugs and oil filter fitted.

missus bought me this for xmas

1463469_682220998478000_1541768025_n.jpg

Since I have to drop the manifold again to do the sump again, I thought this time I would order a genuine manifold gasket just for procedure.

I think that about wraps it up, so pretty gutted that my MOT has to wait a little longer.

be careful when using the green compound pad and the fast cut plus, its amazing to work with but have the polisher set at low and avoid edges as it will burn through easily

Yeah i know mate, cheers, get loads of heat proof tape form work, for free ;) ;) ;)

• 1 month later...

So the car failed its MOT on:-

1) Nearside rear fuel hose leaking

2) Nearside rear wheel bearing excessive play

3) Offside rear wheel bearing excessive play

4) Nearside out CV join gaiter damaged

5) Rear fog lamp not working

6) Nearside rear tyre rubs arch slightly (thought they might not of noticed)

7) Offside rear tyre rubs arch slightly (as above)

8) Front tyre slightly cracked (didn't think this was a big deal, its only minor)

9) As above for other side

10) Nearside front headlamp aims to high

11) Battery insecure

12) Offside front lower suspension arm ball joint dust cover excessively damaged (what's this supposed to be?)

13) Offside rear sill small hole, inadequate repair, seriously affecting the strength withing 30cm of the body mountings

14) Nearside rear sill has 2 small holes

Advisories

15) Oil leak

16) NSR wheel arch corroded

17) Rear seat base loose

18) Drivers seat back lose

19) OSF headlmap aim on lower limits

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/12/original/9yhy2y5y.jpg

broke my finger at work, 300kg of steel landed on it, so this is on hold for a short while