anyone had experience purchasing clear perspex?

shawdreamer

just incase anyones interested,

couple of weeks and less than 60squid later

the results of boredom turned into a productivity.....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/31460.jpg

slightly stressful to do but I thoroughly enjoyed it..... plus Ive got something to show for my efforts obviously :pancake:

This is impressive, dude. Couple of questions - how much did the cells set you back? And, what kind of power have you been able to draw from that thing given all the crappy weather we've had up here lately?

Love projects like this. Could use one for my shed!

John

Edited by nullspace

just incase anyones interested,

couple of weeks and less than 60squid later

the results of boredom turned into a productivity.....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/31460.jpg

slightly stressful to do but I thoroughly enjoyed it..... plus Ive got something to show for my efforts obviously :pancake:

An interesting project and it looks like the blue paint has gone off the wall :innocent:

you say it charges a 12v batt, excuse my stupidity, but does it require an inverter???

all thats taken care of by a solar charge controller which throttles any voltage produced down to whats safe for the storage battery

eg, that panel produces a stable 27-28volts on a clear day and 18-19volts on a cloudy day but no matter what the input voltage is the controller will only send a steady 13.5-14.5volts to the battery(so it doesnt cook your battery)

Couple of questions - how much did the cells set you back?

30 notes with free shipping from fritzland

what kind of power have you been able to draw from that thing given all the crappy weather we've had up here lately?

as above, 27-28volts on a clear day and 18-19volts on a cloudy day

An interesting project and it looks like the blue paint has gone off the wall :innocent:

you wouldnt believe the amount of scrubbing I had to do with diluted acid brick cleaner to get that off, my hands looked like I just fisted a virgin afterwards