Anyone lookin forward to Rush?

nullspace

Can't wait to see it myself... I'm sure there are some members here who even remember the '76 F1 season; we can't all be youngsters! (Is 30 young? Please say yes. :( )

Yes .Thirty is young my friend.

I can't actually remember being 30,I'm 51 now.

Regards Andy(now off to bed with my Horlicks lol)

When i saw this post i thought it was about the band rush but i do remember James Hunt and if the film is as good as the one about senna it should be good viewing.

He certainly was a bit of a lad,both on and off the track.

Smoked like a trooper to boot.No wonder tobacco firms were the main sponsors in those days.lol

Film was really good. Saw it last night. Some bad points; few artistic license moments (the F3 race at the start was never between hunt and lauda, though lauda did compete in F3 with hunt in other races, for instance), the sounds of the engines weren't as good as I'd hoped and you don't see as much track action as I would have liked. The first 'half' of the film feels a bit plastic and 'rushed' too, (heh, no pun intended).

BUT, this is all[/] made up for (and then some) by the story of the 76 battle and, in particular, laud as nightmare incident. In fact so gripping, accurate, and touching was the second half of the film that I rate this it up there with the senna movie. Artistic license, when used, is used in the right place and doesn't detract from the major truth points. You come out of the film feeling like ya saw an epic.

I was disappointed they didn't get Murray walker to voice the commentary, but maybe he's just getting on a bit too much to commit to a movie like that. The imitated Murray commentary is a little annoying sometimes, haha. But still, awesome film, go see it.

And Fcuk ME, they don't make skirts and shorts like they used to, lol.

Go see it, amazing film about an amazing time in racing history.

John

Fantastic film, walks all over Senna in terms of entertainment value, the actors chosen were spot on and I personally didnt mind the fake Murray (although wierdly one of the guys i was with only clicked it was "meant to be a murray walker voice" at the last race...