XBMC / PLEX

PeeWee

Just wondering if anyone uses these media front ends here?

How you use them, streaming, local use, live tv etc

I use both across various hardware such as iPad, iPhone, Roku box, PC, for streaming and local network.

What favourite channels do you use if at all?

If only I were a moderator.

Enlighten us oh wise one.

If it's placement of the topic then it covers multiple platforms some not listed.

If it's legalities then as said enlighten us?

Not used media portal for some time now, for me it needs to cover the platforms mentioned.

Edited by PeeWee

If it's placement of the topic then it covers multiple platforms some not listed.

Not used media portal for some time now, for me it needs to cover the platforms mentioned.

Have you seen it recently? Its compatible with android and ios now (on a streaming level), and you can even set up a remote streaming client with WebMediaportal, so you can stream all your media via the internet (assuming youve got a server and port forwarding capable router).

Have you seen it recently? Its compatible with android and ios now (on a streaming level), and you can even set up a remote streaming client with WebMediaportal, so you can stream all your media via the internet (assuming youve got a server and port forwarding capable router).

Interesting, I shall take a look. Does it have unsupported third party add-on too like both xbmc and plex?

Interesting, I shall take a look. Does it have unsupported third party add-on too like both xbmc and plex?

Yes, most of the plugins that you get for it are 3rd party. It's open source software so people are pretty creative with some of the add-ons.