Power Boost Valve

Blizzard030

i believe they are supposed to raise the fuel pressure, in an effort to remove the flat spot that zetec engines suffer from. i personally have no experience with them but in theory raising the fuel pressure should work

You're never going to see increases in power, noticeably without spending some money on the car and without getting someone who knows what they're doing to fit the parts and or mapping etc.

Your Zetec is set up for optimum performance, as it stands out of the factory, upping fuel pressure will give it more fuel which it does not need because you haven't changed anything to warrant doing so.

If you want power, noticeable power, you will want throttle bodies or carbs fitted, preferably with head work.

I remember fitting one to my 1.6 cvh, it did make a difference. Although the upped fuel pressure did cause my fuel hose to split after some time - unless it was down to age. Got another one for cheap though.

I only realised after that the standard fuel pressure regulator had a blank cap fitted under which it had a nut screw that was adjustable. So in theory didn't need to buy the power boost valve.

had one on a Astra GSi I had for a few monthes (was fitted by a garage with the previous owner), when a hose packed in I removed it and noticed zero difference without it barring slightly better mpg.

that was a performance engine and it made no difference..... I cant see it doing feckall for a factory standard zetec. :unsure:

Edited by shawdreamer

had one on a Astra GSi I had for a few monthes (was fitted by a garage with the previous owner), when a hose packed in I removed it and noticed zero difference without it barring slightly better mpg.

that was a performance engine and it made no difference..... I cant see it doing feckall for a factory standard zetec. :unsure:

astra.....performance.

pfft

thought better of you shaw....i honestly did

astra.....performance.

pfft

thought better of you shaw....i honestly did

regardless of it being a Mk3 gsi, the engine was still setup as a performance unit........... (I got 145 out of it without suffering to much vauxhall rattle)

I only had it as a fill in and it only cost me £600 in 1999.

tbf though I didnt improve pedigree when I finally swapped it out for a Cav turbo 4x4 :pancake:

.....in my defence the cav was a speed monster and handled shockingly well.

all on private roads of course yeah shaw ;) lol

there was a guy that lived near my mum who had a modified cav turbo. he always used to try and catch me on the bike, and in fairness that thing was bloody fast. and i mean FAST

still a vauxhall lol

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam