legal stuf to do with work

etrebus

Yes Etrebus. I got stitched out of £500 too..

fook i went to cab read this

Is an employer entitled to make deductions from an employee’s pay

By law, an employer is only entitled to make certain deductions from an employee’s pay. If the employer does not pay the employee at all, this counts as a 100% deduction. There are rules about what counts as pay for the purposes of when the employer can make deductions, see below.

In most cases, an employer can only lawfully make a deduction from an employee’s pay if the deduction is:-

required to be made by law. For example, employers are required to deduct tax and national insurance from their employee’s pay by law; or

allowed for by the employee’s contract. This means that there must be a specific clause in the contract which allows for that particular deduction to be made. The deduction can then only be made lawfully if the employee is given a written copy of that term in the contract before any deduction is made under it. This would cover deductions such as union dues or payments to a pension scheme; or

the deduction has been agreed to in writing by the employee before it is deducted.

There are particular deductions which an employer can make which do not have to fit into the categories listed above. These deductions are:

a deduction because the worker has been genuinely overpaid

a deduction made because the employee took part in industrial action

a deduction made by an employer under a court order or an order from an employment tribunal, such as an attachment of earnings order (in Scotland, an earnings arrestment).

Yes Etrebus. I got stitched out of £500 too..

fook i went to cab read this

Is an employer entitled to make deductions from an employee’s pay

By law, an employer is only entitled to make certain deductions from an employee’s pay. If the employer does not pay the employee at all, this counts as a 100% deduction. There are rules about what counts as pay for the purposes of when the employer can make deductions, see below.

In most cases, an employer can only lawfully make a deduction from an employee’s pay if the deduction is:-

required to be made by law. For example, employers are required to deduct tax and national insurance from their employee’s pay by law; or

allowed for by the employee’s contract. This means that there must be a specific clause in the contract which allows for that particular deduction to be made. The deduction can then only be made lawfully if the employee is given a written copy of that term in the contract before any deduction is made under it. This would cover deductions such as union dues or payments to a pension scheme; or

the deduction has been agreed to in writing by the employee before it is deducted.

There are particular deductions which an employer can make which do not have to fit into the categories listed above. These deductions are:

a deduction because the worker has been genuinely overpaid

a deduction made because the employee took part in industrial action

a deduction made by an employer under a court order or an order from an employment tribunal, such as an attachment of earnings order (in Scotland, an earnings arrestment).

Cheers for that. I'll have to get something sorted. Luckily i'll be paid weekly now so i'm not going to be struggling.

no problem sorry i seem to have posted it twice lol did they deduct pay or did you not earn as much as you thought as don't forget you may not have earn't enough holiday your lucky i am going to be paid monthly from now on

Edited by etrebus

Cheers for that. I'll have to get something sorted. Luckily i'll be paid weekly now so i'm not going to be struggling.

no problem sorry i seem to have posted it twice lol did they deduct pay or did you not earn as much as you thought as don't forget you may not have earn't enough holiday your lucky i am going to be paid monthly from now on

£500 is nearly half my months wages xD I earnt it, i also had 3 holiday days which i wasn't paid for. Also three days of a new month which i probably wont be paid for.

You have breached contract by 'just walking out'. You are supposed to give a notice period. If it went to court, they would probably find the employer is owed for losses/damages and consequential costs. I think you got off lightly.

"I don't like someone" is not reasonable cause to breach a contract.

You have breached contract by 'just walking out'. You are supposed to give a notice period. If it went to court, they would probably find the employer is owed for losses/damages and consequential costs. I think you got off lightly.

"I don't like someone" is not reasonable cause to breach a contract.

but i never had a contract and walked as a result of her abusive behavior

Then you don't have a leg to stand on.

the cab seem to think so and i aproached the other partner to the buisness several times to complain about the abuse but he just brushed it off.Fact is 4 staff have quit while i was there because of her that says somethig dosn't it ?

the cab seem to think so and i aproached the other partner to the buisness several times to complain about the abuse but he just brushed it off.Fact is 4 staff have quit while i was there because of her that says somethig dosn't it ?

18 techs have been and gone in two years at Kap eastbourne xd

18 techs have been and gone in two years at Kap eastbourne xd

thats alot too