CD head units

BlairM

Just looking at some CD recievers for the car, I'm just looking for something that does what it says on the tin really.

Been looking at JVC models - KD-S621, KD-S71R, and KD-S721R.

One of them has an "ISO Cable" whereas the others have "ISO Connectors" Whats the difference ?

Oh and as I don't know much about these things, are the connections universal on all head units - they will fit in my car ?

how much are they charging for that? im sure theres better deals to be had.

Anyway, all headunits are rated at pmpo, this is just an silly figure with no relevance to the actual output of the head unit, these figuers are gained in all kinds of ways, but useless for working things out, a general rule of thumb is dived pmpo by 4 for an estimate of the RMS (real figures) so a 4x50 headunit realisticaly wont give out more than say 15watts RMS per channel (each speaker output is a channel) and as far as i can remember the ford jobbies are rated at 20watts. With the bass turned off, the standard's took 40watts RMS for a year until i got around to changing them.

Post your budget and i'll see if i can find you a deal

do CD head Units jump much?

I got a kenwood Changer that is basically un-usable because it jumps when i go over the smallest of bumps..

dont wanna lose my MD-headunit..

but i want a CD-Mp3 head unit.. :D anyone got any experiance with these? what do u think of em?

If your changer is jumping mate, I would suspect one of the dampers on the 'deck' is fecked, get it checked out, they are only a few quid.

cheers si.. will look into this.. where can i get it checked out?

i have a mp3 head unit, none of this minidisc crap

does it jump at all ian?

Post your budget and i'll see if i can find you a deal

It's actually this one I spotted in Halfords never noted the model number when I first saw it!

kd-s741r.jpg

Thats the JVC KD-S741R, the one thats all silver is the KD-S743R I'd probably prefer the black and silver one.

Halfords have it at £120 it'd be grand if it could be found any cheaper, brand new.

Budget is 150 at the very most, preferabbly around the 120-130 mark.

Cheers.