what size amp would i need

Dean-o

the only way to get the most out of an amp like that would be to have a monoblock bass amp for each, but 12"s would be much better for listening to actual music with. 15"s are only really good for sound-offs, where the just use bass drops instead of proper tunes. 10"s are good for fast punch bass lines, but struggle to deliver really heavy, long bass tones, whereas 15"s would deliver long heavy bass tones with the most power, but they can't handle music with any kind of tempo at all. 12"s are a great compromise between the two, as they give u great heavy, powerful bass at all tempos across a wide range of music.

:thumb:

Right, first things first. 15" subs are not just for sound offs. the type of music you listen to dictates what kind of sub you sould go for, it's all in the frequency range they'll reproduce. for example the Resonant Engineering XXX18 Here it's an 18" sub that'll out perform a 12" sub on anything. the problem with most companies, is they design a motor structuer and magnet assembly then just increase the basket size and cone area for the bigger subs, in this case these cheaper subs have a trade off, the smaller the sub the puchier the bass, the larger they are the louder and deeper they get.

Anyway back to the original question, those subs are 600w max, which realisticaly is about 200w RMS (real power handling) and there 4ohm each, so to power all three you need a monoblock that's 1ohm stable. all three together will show the amp a 1.3ohm load and yoyu want the amp to be rated between 600 and 800watts RMS at 1ohm

First up, shanew, sound advice!

Right, i wouldn't buy thos esubs, but then thats me, if u want green subs mate, get summat decent and spray them!

As for amping, a lot of people will most likely disagree with me, but its always best to over-amp your subs. Now fair enough, this bring in the possability of u blowing them out i u wind up the gain too far, but u just gotta when to stop! ;)

Reasons for over-amping a sub....

If an amp is put under too much strain then it will cause distortion in your sound, therefore it makes sense to have a bigger amp which will then be under less strain, and give u better sound quality, and that all important, booming bass note!

Has any1 ever thought how much better there factory speakers sound when they've put in an up-rated headunit? exactly the same principle, bigger amp, less strain, better quality!