Short shiftaaa!

Ex-Finesse

When you push the gearstick into a lower gear, have you noticed there is a slight resistance??? ?(

Well that's the syncro's working so it don't crunch horribly. Or you can save the syncro's this work and rev the car briefly in neutral, clutch out very quickly, (while changing gear) so the 'box spins up and it falls together sooooooooo much easier. :thumb:

Edited by Ex-Finesse

yeah but the syncro does a much better job than a human could ever achieve. In the old day, before the days syncs u HAD to double clutch to get it into gear, just isn't neccesarry anymore.

yeah on sum cars it was a necessity, with a mechanical clutch, felt fcukin' horrible tho!

Think someones been watching too much fast and the furious :roll:

WTF? That's a terrible film, and I've never saw them double declutch!? ?(

I do it cos it causes less stress on the gearbox!!!!! Not cos I'm some wanna be race driver!

Paul, whats that about a syncro doing a better job than a human!!?? X( I know I can do it well cos it engages gear without any fuss ;)

"Not double-clutching like you should...I'm surprised you didn't blow the welds off your intake with that double-shot of nitrous you're running!"

- Vin Diesel as Dom, The Fast and the Furious

"so Dom in Fast and the Furious was talking a load of shite when he said "Granny shifting not double clutching like you should""

Twas a good film, so long as you dont take anythnig they say seriously.

Vw Jetta Racing an S2000 up the strip............made my day :P

"Not double-clutching like you should...I'm surprised you didn't blow the welds off your intake with that double-shot of nitrous you're running!"

- Vin Diesel as Dom, The Fast and the Furious

"so Dom in Fast and the Furious was talking a load of shite when he said "Granny shifting not double clutching like you should""

You're right, they did refer to it :thumb: Sorry, forgot that, as I don't particularly like it 8)

I know I don't have to do it, but at the end of the day, my syncro's do less work :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: