new car...

Pelles

tis a sad day this weekend, ive traded my focus in reluctantly.....the cost to run and maintain the car forced me to look for a economic car, and ive now found myself trading in my 2.0l against a 1.5diesel clio!

the clio is a very clean ex mobility car, new shape, and does 65MPG! Im dreading Saturday (day of pickup) as im very reluctant to give up my focus as i love the car! ;(

But from a financial point of view, it couldn't be any better....focus was working out to cost me around 1/4 of my yearly wage to run and maintain, the clio is going to be around 1/10th of my yearly wage to run and maintain. Although my insurance company wont insure me because I have 1 SP30, and 1 SP60 (or SP70, was on a 70mph motorway stretch) and a CD30! Heres me thinking that my convictions wern't that serious lol, when my mate has a SP30 and a drink driving conviction, and I passed my test 6 months before him, and he just got insured on an audi a4....what annoying people considering the clio is only an insurance group 3!

With me heading off to do my commerical exams in 2005 down in Bournemouth, it will probably mean I can take my car to commute up to scotland during breaks, motorway driving is predicted to be around 77MPG, so a full tank of £45 will be needed for the journey! :) where as my focus would cost me my left kidney.

Clio Pics

Edited by Pelles

the clio can have a few probs if they aint properly maintained apparently, but so can any car....I looked after my focus and not once in 25,000miles did it give me a problem, very robust car...im hoping the clio will give me the same outcome with it being looked after.

I had to get a 2k overdraft to help with all my finances as i spend atleast 3/4's of my yearly wage on my career lol, so trying to free up some dosh so i can atleast have a night out in every red moon (one last night apparently)