RWYB, Santa Pod

fcukin' good times there  :cheers:

I know, my mate told me my first run was 17.9 and I screamed "fcuk me!!!!!" - cos it's a second better than what I was hoping (going on Lees 17.1)

how comes the NOS wernt installed?

dont bank on running next week, it'll be well busy :(

Cos it's being done next Saturday.

I've seen the meet times thread, just not read it yet.

I'll probably sign in as soon as we arrive and start queuing. :)

Sorry I didnt reply to ya txt mate, was driving. Thanks again for the invite, I would have dropped by had my mate not been with me :cheers:

Really looking forward to next weekend, hoping for some low 17s as I'll only use NOS in 2nd and 3rd gears - 1st = loads of wheelspin or smoked clutch! X(  :roll:

i found it used to rev up quicker at the top end with the NOS on so agree with the 2nd n 3rd angle, through the multiport thingy i can hardly feel it at all, thought it aint working X(

:cheers:

Not trying to take the pee mate, but perhaps it's because you have 25bhp jets? I'll be running 50, although I'm only expecting an increase of 45bhp at the most.

A safe NOS kit is reckonned to increase power by c.20%

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John, you sure you didn't back off at the end when racing your missis? ;) :D

Will take you up on that offer one day mate :cheers:

Anyone else hold their car on the handbrake? Told Dave that trick and he improved his time by 0.4ish seconds. Not enough to beat me though!

Next weekend is guarenteed either lots of wheelspin, good times, or a blown 1.6 :roll:

Not trying to take the pee mate, but perhaps it's because you have 25bhp jets? I'll be running 50, although I'm only expecting an increase of 45bhp at the most.

A safe NOS kit is reckonned to increase power by c.20%

nah your dead right Ralph, felt a difference when it was direct on 25s but now on multiport its non exsistant as there's only 6.25bhp going in per port!!!! X( :D

I will deffo come to one this year, was in the low 14's with the Turbo, so want at least a high 13 in the cossie!! Traction rules!!  8)

i'll be at the next possible one after the engine is in :) :thumb:

What times would ya be aiming at Lee? 14's??

I will deffo come to one this year, was in the low 14's with the Turbo, so want at least a high 13 in the cossie!! Traction rules!!  8)

i'll be at the next possible one after the engine is in :) :thumb:

What times would ya be aiming at Lee? 14's??

If I could manage 14.99 i'd be the happiest person alive, but more like 15.5 or summat :) If I get the NOS on, 14's should be do-able :)

Anyone else hold their car on the handbrake? Told Dave that trick and he improved his time by 0.4ish seconds. Not enough to beat me though!

hmm, i wouldn't have thought to do that with a manual, surely it would stall? i thought that was just an auto trick (p.s. make sure when you release it goes all the way down pmsl)

anyway, good fun. Let's try and organise one for the summer to see what kind of times i can get in my real car :thumb:

sunday was fun, but probably one of the least suitable cars for the job tbh :roll:

i'd say a perfect run would have got me under 18, but time was short and we were only pissing about so never mind :))

hmm, i wouldn't have thought to do that with a manual, surely it would stall?

No need to let the clutch all the way in mate!

Just sit on handbrake, clutch biting, and revs nice n high........ 8)