zvh

sortedford

as soon as i can get my hands on a 2.0 block at a decent price i'm starting on a zvh build in my mk5 orion, which is allready a zetec bottom end.

Does anyone know if i can use a 1.8 zetec water pump, as the reason for using a cvh one is to do with clearence in a mk4 engine bay and the pully that drives the pump?

Seccond, rarther than skimming the pistons (0.5mm) ive got a metal decompression plate from mad for it, has anyone used one of these before? does it replace the headgasket or is it used with a head gasket? as in mad for its zvh build a while ago in FF they used a felpro gasket.

and the finally the car is efi and has a kent 35 cam, 195 superchip, k&n, t2 hybrid, and Stainless, its been running about 1 bar. What pressure shouldnt be exceeded with the zetec block.

for anyone else doing it this page is really usefull

http://www.quantums.info/zvh.htm

I beleive you use 2 head gaskets, one each side of the plate.

I thought 17psi was thought to be the limit for standard zetec rods??

However, you're using a T2, which won't flow as much air as a T3, therefore you may be able to run more boost to flow as much air as a T3 @ 17psi. :)

Edited by Ex-Finesse

must start a new thread when you've done this

"How long till the big bang?" :roll:  :roll:

if you on about cos he's using a decompression plate, i think i know what you ron about, as i had a little chat with Ian when i picked up the red one about this,

and i see his point, as its easier and cheaper to replace the zetec bottom end having used a decompression plate than it is to build a full spec engine, or words to that effect, i cant remember, X(

loads run on them lee, i have faith in it, skimming the pistons is a big no. its no difference to running with a metal headgasket, which is also what it can be used for as its 2.5 mm thick

Ive spoken to mad for it today, and orderd my head bolts 22+vat i think it was

and a tensioner at 28 plus vat and a tenner delivery

the way to fit the metal gasket/ decompression plate is to bond it to the block with 'wellseal' and then to use a felpro head gasket on the top, that way it can 'move' with the heat.

ill be looking at running about 12 psi which should be pleanty.

and ive found out today you cant keep the power stearing with a fiesta turbo head as the turbo sits where the ps equipment goes, if you was running a t3 with the erst manifold so it went the other way ps is fine, all you need is the head mount and pipes from a cvh mk5/6 with ps.

should hopefully have me a mondeo 2morrow, only took me a day to get the engine out including wireing the loom on the orion, so a day max and i should have the engine out of the mondeo.

ive been told my standard inj's will be fine as im running low boost, but it then leaves room for improvement if i keep the car and want bigger power by changing to low comp pistons, maybe a 2.1, bigger injs etc

will be writing a how to to use on the site :)