VIBE

Mike C

Vibe's are supposed to be in ported box's (Vented Innovative Bass Enclosures)

But saying that, i put both my 12" Blackairs into sealed box's and my god the dont half kick, compared the exact same subs with my mates with the proper vibe box, and mine kicked ALOT harder than his, but he got a better roll with the bass and also could go deeper.

as said above though, best vibe do (they have 12 or so of the following in their landrover vouge) is the 'SPACE' series.

RMS Power 1000w (gona needa hoofa amp)

Peak Power 3000w

Recommended Amp: MonoBox III, IV

Recommended Vol. 2.5Cu.Ft. (pretty big box too)

l-space.jpg

Click here for bigger, more detailed pic

I'd STRONGLY recommend if you get these to get a ported box, it will help ALOT with the cooling of the magnet ETC.....

but asying that i just spotted this on their site

Heat is dissipated directly through the front of the lightweight alloy super rigid cone which is seamlessly attached to flanged dual high temperature alloy voice coils and set in dual layer foam surrounds, which means massive power and serious cone excursion. Admiration guaranteed.

Source Mikey boy

IMO if i was spending the cash on these, i'd want to to run as VIBE built it to (ported)

hope this helps :thumb: :thumb:

EDIT:

£155.00EA from www.incarelectrics.co.uk

NONE on ebay :(

thats the only price i can find :eek: lol

Edited by geordie_aaron

I hope you guys realise that a quoted power figure is only relative to whether the speaker is spec'd for a ported or sealed enclosure. A "1000w RMS" sub designed for a sealed enclosure, would Shite itself to the moon and back if you ran anywhere near that power with it in a ported enclosure 8)

well i am running 2 vibe space 15s in a 5cuft sealed enclosure, running both subs off the monoblock iv. they are great subs take a pounding and keep coming back.

as far as i know the enclosure sizes are quoted for ported boxes, so if you do seal them make the box about half to a cubic foot smaller especially for the 12's, they will be nice and tight that way.

:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...