Fifth Gear

neil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch both as being a petrol head i'm grateful for any car orientated programe.Top Gear is more set up for 'family' entertainment, even my missus and Mother in law like watching :)) , whilst 5th Gear is slightly more factual and more for just car nuts.

I find sometimes a 5th Gear programe is better than a Top Gear episode and vice verser.

Did anyone else notice the Top Gear 'Star in a reasonably priced car' flying lap was pieced together?????

The car had previously dented the boot in a spin off but on the flying lap first the dent was there, then it wasn't then it was back again ?( .Just goes to show how 'rigged' the shows are! Shocking. :(

i've been watching top gear the last however many weeks since this series started and as im not a know-it-all on cars i think its superb, clarkson is extremly entertaining and i love the banter between him and hammond, i watched sundays episode last night and was laughing so hard my brother wondered what the hell i was doing. i think they present the programme perfectly, and i understand what theyr talking about which always helps lol. pauls impressed too cos for once i actually have an idea when he's discussing it with his mates.

now on the subject of fifth gear, i watched it last night for the first time and was shocked at how bad it was. the lap round london that "tiff" did had me cringing as he said "and now we'l whoosh down so and so street and come back round nelsons corner and zoom back down this street and ooooooo watch out for the white van man!" what the hell was he on about??? whoosing and zooming all over the place, wish he could shut up and actually talk about the car :rolleyes:

i thought fifth gear was a bad take on top gear, they are trying to match clarksons presenting techniques and failed miserably, didnt amuse me, i didnt learn anything and sorry boys but i think VBH is way past it :thumb: :roll:

i've been watching top gear the last however many weeks since this series started and as im not a know-it-all on cars i think its superb, clarkson is extremly entertaining and i love the banter between him and hammond, i watched sundays episode last night and was laughing so hard my brother wondered what the hell i was doing. i think they present the programme perfectly, and i understand what theyr talking about which always helps lol. pauls impressed too cos for once i actually have an idea when he's discussing it with his mates.

now on the subject of fifth gear, i watched it last night for the first time and was shocked at how bad it was. the lap round london that "tiff" did had me cringing as he said "and now we'l whoosh down so and so street and come back round nelsons corner and zoom back down this street and ooooooo watch out for the white van man!" what the hell was he on about??? whoosing and zooming all over the place, wish he could shut up and actually talk about the car :rolleyes:

i thought fifth gear was a bad take on top gear, they are trying to match clarksons presenting techniques and failed miserably, didnt amuse me, i didnt learn anything and sorry boys but i think VBH is way past it :thumb: :roll:

spot on :cheers:

cant even believe people are comparing them tbh, I bet Top Gear has 5 times the budget 5th gear have :rolleyes:

and my God does it show :baby:

doesnt mean its Shite you snob :rolleyes:

Give me a low budget English film over a mega budget Hollywood film anyday :cheers:

Like I said last night (maybe in this thread I dunno) the ST review was far far better on 5th Gear than Clarkson's review on Top Gear.

Although I do find TG more entertaining (I never look at the clock when it's on..) I would take 5th Gear far more serious with their reviews.