Nasty Shunt

Mike C

Lorry hit the side, hence wheel/rubber mark

she was overtaking on the motorway, lorry just pulled out, sent her spinning

dunno if she will be able to tell you much more than that as it probably happened so fast :(

considering there's not much actual damage to the side tho, considering a lorry wheel will be 22.5" wrapped in a massive amount of rubber, it must have been more a scrape than a dead on "hit", but even a slight brush from something like that with the car moving away as a natural evasive action would easily lead to losing control, spinning and ending up with a right mess at both ends

considering there's not much actual damage to the side tho, considering a lorry wheel will be 22.5" wrapped in a massive amount of rubber, it must have been more a scrape than a dead on "hit", but even a slight brush from something like that with the car moving away as a natural evasive action would easily lead to losing control, spinning and ending up with a right mess at both ends

ouch that does look nasty!!

glad u was ok Jackie

kinda worrying that a golf did the same thing to me a few weeks back, clipping my rear drivers side and sending me spinning. luckily for me the only other impact was when i was nearly stopped and in the same position on the car as the other car had hit me

Notice the rubber mark is on the drivers side, therefore over taking on the left. The lorry still shoud have seen her but it is harder/ they have double mirriors to aviod this kind of acciddent!

Rubber mark is on the passenger side matey, i wasnt under cutting, for some reason the picture scanned as a mirror image, you can tell the drivers side hit the barrier because of the extent of the front damage which doesnt show on the rubber mark picture. The rubber mark was the lorry tyre catching passenger side which sent me spinning.