Show us your installs

Rich

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok my build so far :

Sub frame to support the fake floor, will eventually be filled for soundproofing.

getpic2.asp?File=20031517415582744.jpg

Amp mouted to the side using the original carpet clip in points

getpic2.asp?File=200315174155875251.jpg

Amp is then blocked off to create a tidy install

getpic2.asp?File=200315174155405721.jpg

Thats all i have done so far, as the boot decided to leak again and its gone so cold. Will eventually be covered, not decided what in yet though, then building a sub enclosure to fit into the other space opposite the amp. That way i will still have a usable boot :D

looking good mate, just a few things though. I would have the amp on show, its gonna need to breathe otherwise its gonna overheat when you are playing it loud, also i'd ditch the subframe and sound deadening its a waste of space in my opinion, lay a false floor straight onto the boot floor.

What sort of sound deadening have you got?

Cheers. Ok, the blocking off of the amp is not 100%, its open top which will be coverred with the cloth to allow access to its controls :

getpic2.asp?File=20031518317558712.jpg

The subframe is in place to bring the floor above the level of the spare wheel, as its an alloy. The floor will be removable eventually so i can get access to the wheel to change it. The sound deadening is laminate floor underlay that i had lying around for the floor. For the tailgate i have some spray expanding foam as that rattles like hell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...