My first accident, absolutely frightening

Trig

and asking for it back would be like throwing a brick threw someones window and knocking on the front door and asking for the brick back, you know what i mean?

how can that be a comparison? ?( :rolleyes:

Trig was at NO fault AT ALL!!!!!!!!

I'd want it paid for :thumb:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was at no fault whatsoever, but it just doesnt feel right asking for the money to repair the car.

even though she walked straight out infront of me, if my brakes hadnt been improved and I didnt react in the way i did, I could have easily killed her, and it still wouldnt have been my fault. Im not arsed about £50 for a screen and a few hours of worry when it could have turned out that I would spend the rest of my life living knowing that I killed someone.

At the end of the day, we are both ok, her parents are decent folk and she has learned her lesson.

And a slightly crazy way of looking at it, at least it was me who she stepped out infront of. The car behind was going alot quicker, which would have caused more injury. Also I have spent the money on brakes and tyres that 99% of the population wouldnt, meaning I was in a better position to stop quicker, with a reduced possibility of serious injury.

When i phrased it as ' it would be like going asking for the brick back you threw through the window ' i ment it would be like going and asking for money to repair your car,in fact if you were that bothered by it then if and when you see the girls parents again just hint and say you fixed the car, oh a mate done it, blah blah, but i wouldnt, you sound a good guy trig, fair play to you mate done what you had to do and luckily the little girl still has her life :cheers:

Reading this has really made me think about my brake setup you can spend ££££s on everything else and forget about the crappy standard brakes on these cars there really is no excuse when it comes to modding should be the first thing to address IMO :cheers: good on you trig though what's £50 of your money when it could have so easily been a lot worse for the girl ;(